CV19 Travel

grahamch

15 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Yep from what I was told by a pal from Kelso earlier today

Can’t see it happening myself; have been talking to a couple of mates who have been working in Gretna; they never mentioned being stopped, or even seeing the cops, and they would have. 
It would be a HUGE undertaking. 

53 minutes ago, Scully said:

Can’t see it happening myself; have been talking to a couple of mates who have been working in Gretna; they never mentioned being stopped, or even seeing the cops, and they would have. 

Agreed, but can only report what have been told. Have a couple of days just over the borders coming up and am not going. Think crossing into Scotland if if caught an illegal act and dont want to risk my certificate

On 26/11/2020 at 19:07, Gordon R said:

Westley - you have to laugh about the lockdown. More holes than a colander and dreamt up by a halfwit.

A Dangerous 'halfwit' nevertheless   !

Some of the things that I have witnessed today whilst out fishing, just beggar belief. Makes the PM look like the Brain of Britain  !

We could be in for a loooooonnnnnngggggg winter  !

16 hours ago, Scully said:

Early in the first lockdown they were stopping people on the A30 going into Cornwall but it was a token thing because they couldn't really do much to stop them . They did however get a lot of information about people operating holiday lets and AirBnBs who shouldn't have been. About 200 establishments were fined.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Early in the first lockdown they were stopping people on the A30 going into Cornwall but it was a token thing because they couldn't really do much to stop them . They did however get a lot of information about people operating holiday lets and AirBnBs who shouldn't have been. About 200 establishments were fined.

👍They did the same around the Lakes, but there are so many roads in and out I doubt they’d have the manpower. 
I think the only reason the lockdown is easing over Christmas is because the government know there would be mass non compliance and extremely difficult to police. 

I asked the syndicate members of my shoot who live in Scotland about the situation and one lad has come back to me and told me the police are stopping folk at the bridge from Cornhill to Coldstream  and turning those back who aint got a valid reason to enter Scotland. I have no reason to doubt him

The police station is not that far from the bridge.

5 hours ago, scutt said:

I asked the syndicate members of my shoot who live in Scotland about the situation and one lad has come back to me and told me the police are stopping folk at the bridge from Cornhill to Coldstream  and turning those back who aint got a valid reason to enter Scotland. I have no reason to doubt him

The police station is not that far from the bridge.

I was told last week of a couple being stopped from travelling in the other direction.   They were heading for Berwick to buy groceries, and were instructed to turn around and do their shopping in Kelso in future.