Armsan .410 semi auto - your experiences

Shadowchaser

Does anyone have any experience of these small gauge autos please?  I'm considering getting one for ratting and vermin control.   

Any reliability issues? 

Perhaps some alternatives in .410?  Must be ejector and would prefer manual safe if going for a SBS or O/U.  

Edited by Shadowchaser

I know nothing about the gun itself but I shoot a lot of 410 and have come to rely on Fiocchi 3 inch both new and for the cases and reloading.  For what you say you ned the shotgun for you are not going to be shooting a huge amount so I would go for Fiochi and then after a few boxes try running your Eleys through it.

1 hour ago, Shadowchaser said:

I saw a new one in my local gun shop in October. 

I haven't heard about any recall. 

Ahh ok, to be honest I wanted one myself after seeing the review TGS did but could find little on Google.

I'll have a look and see if I can find the article I was reading.

Edit, it was on here, if you search for it, it should bring the thread up 👍

Edited by Farmboy91

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ahh ok, to be honest I wanted one myself after seeing the review TGS did but could find little on Google.

I'll have a look and see if I can find the article I was reading.

Edit, it was on here, if you search for it, it should bring the thread up 👍

I found a thread from Feb 2019 in which a couple of posters say they sent the guns back as they kept jamming. 

I saw the review by TGS, but there is also a review from Buffalo in the States (where the gun is sold as Tristar Viper). 

He shoots it and put some heavy loads through it first and appeared to have no problems afterwards. 

Could it be that it's simply people not following the recommendations to break the gun in properly? 

6 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

I found a thread from Feb 2019 in which a couple of posters say they sent the guns back as they kept jamming. 

I saw the review by TGS, but there is also a review from Buffalo in the States (where the gun is sold as Tristar Viper). 

He shoots it and put some heavy loads through it first and appeared to have no problems afterwards. 

Could it be that it's simply people not following the recommendations to break the gun in properly? 

Yeah I saw the buffalo one also. 

Could be the problem, I was just surprised when you said you'd seen a new one that was all as I not seen anything on them for a while. 

Hope all goes well if you do purchase it 👍

20 hours ago, Donkey said:

I had one for a short time I used various 3” shells and had the gun pull off the brass and pop the primers out of the shell it was a nice single shot gun Not a multi shot

I spoke to the importers they told me to send it back to them for a 

Interestingly I had a look at the importers website today and couldn't find a listing for the .410.

27 minutes ago, Sciurus said:

How about a Mossberg pump- 3 shot. Light gun, takes 3 inch cartridges (& smaller) ejects, safety, very simple to disassemble. Reasonably priced and fun to use. The Hushpower version is a lot more expensive.

I have looked into them.  I thought the semi would be faster and has a certain novelty factor. 

I'm going to look into the Remington 410 auto, though the company has gone under Im sure there will some available and I haven't heard of reliability issues with them.

4 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

I have looked into them.  I thought the semi would be faster and has a certain novelty factor. 

I'm going to look into the Remington 410 auto, though the company has gone under Im sure there will some available and I haven't heard of reliability issues with them.

Would the cr8 be an alternative if you have no luck with the Remington?

1 hour ago, Shadowchaser said:

I'd like a .410 semi just for fun, and have found both the Armsan and the Remington 1100 to be rare but the Remington is a fair bit more expensive. Very nice, though!

Mossberg have released the SA-410 in the states, but no sign that its coming over here yet.

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Would the cr8 be an alternative if you have no luck with the Remington?

Possibly but not sure if a 28ga would be a bit too much gun for what I need it for. 

14 minutes ago, Spoon said:

I'd like a .410 semi just for fun, and have found both the Armsan and the Remington 1100 to be rare but the Remington is a fair bit more expensive. Very nice, though!

Mossberg have released the SA-410 in the states, but no sign that its coming over here yet.

Indeed I think at least twice the price of the Armsan.

I saw the Mossberg auto when researching but as you say no sign of a UK release. 

I imagine Mossberg would be spot on. 

29 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ahh ok 👍

Shame we're so limited on choice when it comes to small bore auto's.

Bernardelli do a semi auto garden gun but they are like hens teeth and the ones I have seen were all sec1.

Plenty of 410 pump actions and o/u or sbs available, but only what, 3 companies have made an auto?