Leather gun slip

Scully

You dont have to pay the earth there are some very nice ones out there at reasonable prices. My son got one off an auction site. Was new and not much over £100. As a good guide to quality I would suggest you look at the edges of the straps. If they are left raw it's sign of poor quality. Look for rolled and dyed edges. JMHO

Oh and I would steer clear of Guardian products. I dont think they are from a cow.

Edited by DUNKS

Thanks all. Croots look good although possibly more than I want to pay, and I think WW is correct regarding Parsons as they seem rather difficult to source. Teales don’t look bad and as Lucasnorth comments, the John Shooter ex display ones look good. Will try Ogden’s. 
Thanks all. 👍

I have a Croots Malton - and it is very well made.  It was also seriously expensive even from an eBay seller 5 years ago someone on here pointed me to (100% satisfactory thanks).  Downside is that it is too long (it is the shorter of the two they do) as I use 28" and a 14 1/2" stock most of the time.  Brady were always very good, but again, expensive.  I have two old 'plastic' Bradys and one canvas, but not a leather.

Croots are an utter pain. Great quality, clean up well, but seriously, in a line of ten guns six have a Croots slip. You had better get youra monogrammed! Also the fluff keeps getting on the bead. And when I shut the gun inside the slip, if the lining gets caught I have a heck of job opening the gun. 

1 minute ago, ehb102 said:

Croots are an utter pain. Great quality, clean up well, but seriously, in a line of ten guns six have a Croots slip. You had better get youra monogrammed! Also the fluff keeps getting on the bead. And when I shut the gun inside the slip, if the lining gets caught I have a heck of job opening the gun. 

:lol:

I've had that twice with sheepskin lining, if you slip your gun then close it, it boos the fleece, pain nex time you go to get it out the slip.

Real sheepskin lining is nice to have with saddle leather outer.  

Mates have the Croots leather slips, not my thing, the Parsons is nicer in my eyes.

The ones Dave Carrie uses look nice in his videos.

Agree full length zip with top flap, if raining and slipping your gun, when I get home slip gets fully unzipped and muzzle end hung over the door edge to dry.

Edited by figgy