180 mph motorcyclist caught on camera

Vince Green

Slightly off kilter but interesting and funny.  In 1964 I took a course on motor cycles at Stafford Police Training Centre and often we would wander around the Derbyshire Dales. One Morning I was lead rider just out of Ashborne and a long straight ahead encouraged a tightening of the right wrist. I thought I was going pretty fast when my Instructor pulled alongside and in no uncertain terms told me to get a move on.   At that point my gaze was drawn to an open gate to a field on the offside and a large black and white cow emerging the colour of the road surface from that gate to the farm drive opposite indicated this was a regular thorughfare of bovine creatures. I still have that flash back of the nostrils of that cow passing my shoulder and a starnge smell eminating from my Instructor as he passed very close to the rear end.  We pulled into a laybye and desolved into embarresed nervous laughter BUT it taught the lesson of being aware of your surroundings.  I suppose we would be touching 80mph at the time which was close to maximum on the A65 BSAs we had.

Edited by Walker570

26 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Its pretty scarey at 100 on a motorbike

Depends on where and on what, I’ve ridden cruisers at over a ton that wallowed like no business and yet during my race days on track, 150 to 160 on Bentley straight at Snetterton was quite relaxing before grabbing a handful to make it through Brundle 🙂

Not proud to say I’ve ridden in shorts before, it’s an acceptance and assessment of risks. Seen skin lost on pushbikes but never put my leathers on to ride one