180 mph motorcyclist caught on camera

Vince Green

3 hours ago, grrclark said:

The wind chill at 180mph would be quite something, although I guess adrenaline keeps you warm.

The insects hitting your bare skin at those speeds must hurt a bit.

It makes me shudder when I see riders wearing shorts and tshirts(it was very much the fashion this year) . I imagine skidding along that hot rough tarmac on my knees , and trying to slow down with bare hands 😢.

My bucket list is to hit 200 (not on a main road I might add). Plenty of airfields to go on and if not I might just have to pop to Germany for a weekend with my mates. 

As for shorts, I wore jeans once, and felt completely unsafe.

He'll get a max of 18months, out in 6. 

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

The insects hitting your bare skin at those speeds must hurt a bit.

It makes me shudder when I see riders wearing shorts and tshirts(it was very much the fashion this year) . I imagine skidding along that hot rough tarmac on my knees , and trying to slow down with bare hands 😢

Had a small bird hit me in the chest at 70 and that felt like I'd broke a rib. Then hit a pheasant 2 years ago, I found a part of it still lodged in the radiator in the first lockdown. Never mind the fairings and blood splattered everywhere, I left a big brown trail for about 100 meters 😂

When I was younger I was headed north on the m1 on my Daytona 675. 

I was caning it when the fast lane was clear, then having to wait for cars to pull over from time to time. All of a sudden everything pulled over all at once. Not good thought I, checking my wingmirror...

Silver scooby with flashing blue lights in the grill and an extra aerial. Oh dear. I slowed, pulled over and carried on until the next lay-by and pulled in, ready to apply the lube for the inevitable.

The cop had done me average speed for four miles. He was super nice and left it on while I slowed down until I pulled in. He asked me what I thought the average was, I didn’t want to even have a stab at incriminating myself but he told me it was bang on 100. I know I’d touched 150 at one point...

He wrote me up for ‘in excess of 70’ - what a legend. Unfortunately it was my fourth ticket, so after a 6 month break from riding or driving I became quite a bit more responsible.

on the subject of hitting birds, I saw a documentary once where a rider took a pheasant to the face. It broke his eye socket and cheekbone. Unable to see, but not wanting a head on with a car that could have been coming the other way, as he slowed he steered slightly left. Crashed into a ditch by the road and was there something like 2 days!!! Very lucky man.

I came of eventually, only at about 15mph, shattered my kneecap into 3 pieces and broke my ankle. 

Still love bikes and riding, i just can’t afford one anymore...

13 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

, I didn’t want to even have a stab at incriminating myself but he told me it was bang on 100

He was still being nice. Over a ton is automatic ban possible jail.

Mate of mine was ever so grateful when the copper wrote down 99mph.

A lad I knew from Lancaster would bomb up the M6 each morning on his R1, to work, and showed us on a digital read out the max he’d got up to that morning. The dial stated he’d hit 171 mph which was pretty impressive.  
He then did a wheelie past the yard owners office ( max speed limit 5mph ) followed by a doughnut which choked us all into leaving the unit ‘til the smoke cleared. Also impressive. 
Then the yard owner came out of his office and informed him he didn’t want him in his yard again. Our boss had no choice but to let him go as a result.  Shame really, he was good joiner, but a very unpleasant gob*****. 🙂

He knew how to handle a bike though.