Game shooting days

Walker570

Personaly think it’s up to the shoot and there risk assessment 

We all want to go shooting and enjoy the day but I’m pretty sure no one will want to spread it or catch it 

its very difficult time’s and let’s face it people spread it

so travel from a high area to a lower area for a days shooting is probably not the best thing to do 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Personaly think it’s up to the shoot and there risk assessment 

We all want to go shooting and enjoy the day but I’m pretty sure no one will want to spread it or catch it 

its very difficult time’s and let’s face it people spread it

so travel from a high area to a lower area for a days shooting is probably not the best thing to do 

The proposals put forward by Government are totally crazy and obviously plucked from fresh air.  I have a friend in Lincolnshire close to the border with Cambridgeshire wide open countryside and small villages. One is in 3 and the other 4. Please don't tell me that stepping a yard over that boundary is going to endanger anyone. It is like sitting in a pub and one is having a 12oz steak and all extras and the other guy decideds to have a paket of crisps.  Don't tell me that corvid is going to pick out the crisp eater please.   

Get out there and support your shoots, just use your common sense and let those who have been scared into hiding in a dark corner do so.

51 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The proposals put forward by Government are totally crazy and obviously plucked from fresh air.  I have a friend in Lincolnshire close to the border with Cambridgeshire wide open countryside and small villages. One is in 3 and the other 4. Please don't tell me that stepping a yard over that boundary is going to endanger anyone. It is like sitting in a pub and one is having a 12oz steak and all extras and the other guy decideds to have a paket of crisps.  Don't tell me that corvid is going to pick out the crisp eater please.   

Get out there and support your shoots, just use your common sense and let those who have been scared into hiding in a dark corner do so.

The proposal may well be crazy but may well become law on Wednesday 

not sure where you get tier 4 from?

there will always be people that live on the border streets and even villages divided 

as for telling me to get out and support my shoots my substantial deposits paid last year have been doing that all along 

look at the big picture would you be happy with a bunch of blokes coming from a high area inner city to your shoot in a low area 

I implore everyone to get out and support the shoots, we can travel in all tiers to shoot (in England anyway).  If the shoot has followed the guidelines set out, there is more risk catching the virus visiting your local supermarket than out in the open countryside with a dozen or so people.

They would be welcome, no problem.

25 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

The proposal may well be crazy but may well become law on Wednesday 

not sure where you get tier 4 from?

there will always be people that live on the border streets and even villages divided 

as for telling me to get out and support my shoots my substantial deposits paid last year have been doing that all along 

look at the big picture would you be happy with a bunch of blokes coming from a high area inner city to your shoot in a low area 

as per macca2017 above.  Otherwise tell me when this situation will end.  The virus is here to stay and destroying the country will be far worse than the alternative.  

Edited by Walker570

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

They would be welcome, no problem.

as per macca2017 above.  Otherwise tell me when this situation will end.  The virus is here to stay and destroying the country will be far worse than the alternative.  

Tell me how? 
there’s no overnight stay  there’s no accommodation open in level 3 area’s if you’re in level 3 you can’t stay overnight in another area is it feasible to travel 250 miles shoot turn round and drive back 250 miles then get up the next morning and do the same for back to back days 

unless it’s local to you it’s just about impossible unless you’re going by helicopter 

how long will it take you to drive to Ca130sl? 

Edited by Old farrier

I have 4 days booked in 6 days, 2 of them back to back and a 2 1/2hr drive from my home. In the Jag at 6am and at my location at 08.30, return home by 7pm, no problem for an 80yrs old.   I intend taking part in all four. They are all in T3. I did intend staying over on two nights but if I cannot get accomodation then I will drive, no problem.  Has to be done.   I am led to believe that the places I was going to stay will be open to guests, that is to be confirmed.

Your question re T4 was a typo should have read T2.

Edited by Walker570

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have 4 days booked in 6 days, 2 of them back to back and a 2 1/2hr drive from my home. In the Jag at 6am and at my location at 08.30, return home by 7pm, no problem for an 80yrs old.   I intend taking part in all four. They are all in T3. I did intend staying over on two nights but if I cannot get accomodation then I will drive, no problem.  Has to be done.   I am led to believe that the places I was going to stay will be open to guests, that is to be confirmed.

Your question re T4 was a typo should have read T2.

And you’re in tier ?

ca13 how long will it take you to get there? 
hopefully the rest of the team has a shorter journey enjoy your days 

I'm in T3 smack in the middle, you have been there.   I don't undestand ca13 ????????????????

All of my accomodation and the eating places for those evenings have confirmed they will be open and serving meals.

Hah!   Cockermouth.  Had nothing booked up there but normal traffic from here about 3 1/2hrs mostly M6 and dual carriageway, cruise control.

Edited by Walker570

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I'm in T3 smack in the middle, you have been there.   I don't undestand ca13 ????????????????

All of my accomodation and the eating places for those evenings have confirmed they will be open and serving meals.

Put .... ca13 into google maps and tell me how long it will take to get there 

although as you’re in tier 3 that’s not going to work 

CA13 comes up as Cockermouth and that would take me 3 1/2 hours as I stated. No big deal.  Have stalked all over the Lake District and Dumfries on a day visit before now.

As I said I have no plans to visit Cockermouth at the moment, so irelevant.

As I understand it we can visit any other areas but when visiting we retain the same restrictions as the Tier we left.  I agree it is very confusing and come Tuesday may never come into being because the Government have their backs against the wall with only the chance of Labour backing them just to put two fingers up  the others regardless of the pain and loss of livelyhoods to millions of people.   Our local pub/restaraunt has been closed for the last week . heaven knows what they have lost and they are just one in tens of thousands of similar small family businesses. 

Edited by Walker570

If you’re tier 3 your local pub/ restaurant will stay shut down until you get to tier 2 

So if you’re shooting in a tier 3 area I’m not sure how there serving anything other than a takeaway 

im sure you have checked with Basc for the rules relevant to your area and as you say it’s all down to parliament on Tuesday 

F120BA76-00F8-4927-9CC7-34C7A22444AF.png

282E56EC-C697-4D6A-B365-4E93F1E23297.png