BRITBORE MOPS - work for me

gdadphil

Hi All 

I had seen the adverts on Guntrader for this item. Its a cylinder of felt type material  around 2cm long designed to fit the bore very snugly.

Normally I'm a bit cynical about a new product and want others to do all the hard work testing it out.

I decided to put an order in and thought, well, as my guns are cleaned after each outing (too long ago 😒)  I would wait until I went out again.

When the mops arrived today, I thought I would just run the mops through the 2 O/U and 1 SBS in the cabinet, to see what happened.

What a revelation ! see the attached picture for the results.

I'm sold on the product and will use from now on.

YMMV

(for the record I have no connection with the company)

1256623362_BritboreMop.jpg.5faab4c29984f0773873075ec98ff40a.jpgcheers gdadphil

21 hours ago, gdadphil said:

Hi All 

I had seen the adverts on Guntrader for this item. Its a cylinder of felt type material  around 2cm long designed to fit the bore very snugly.

Normally I'm a bit cynical about a new product and want others to do all the hard work testing it out.

I decided to put an order in and thought, well, as my guns are cleaned after each outing (too long ago 😒)  I would wait until I went out again.

When the mops arrived today, I thought I would just run the mops through the 2 O/U and 1 SBS in the cabinet, to see what happened.

What a revelation ! see the attached picture for the results.

I'm sold on the product and will use from now on.

YMMV

(for the record I have no connection with the company)

1256623362_BritboreMop.jpg.5faab4c29984f0773873075ec98ff40a.jpgcheers gdadphil

What does YMMV mean?

23 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I couldn't always handle 5 pints of beer, but I tried.

Strange but true, when I joined the army the diet was beer, fags, and chips ( I was unusual because I didn't smoke). I earned £4.00 a week

Times change, but slowly in the military. As a young liney (1990) my diet was bacon butties for 10am when the first wave had launched. Lots of fags ( cowboy killers were the chosen smoke ) and brews, chips at the mess for 19:00, beer until blurry, bed, awake at 05:00 for another 12 hours. 30 years later back on the same Sqn its protein shakes/monster energy, vaping all day, 7pm chips in the mess and vodka shots/ cheeky vimto until blurry.

Edited by Taileron

14 hours ago, das said:

Toilet paper, 2 sheets rolled up, light sqirt of WD40 down the barrel, push the paper through and you're nearly done.
Miroku a lot easier to clean than the Beretta (like a mill chimney after a hundred cartridges).

I know a guy who has never used anything else and he shoots a lot of clays. His barrels are clean as clean!

I always wonder why some shooters are quite so anal over the barrel cleanliness. When I put the gun away at the start of this recent lockdown, it was cleaned and then oiled. Stood barrels down to let any excess run off to the bottom of the cabinet. We will be shooting a registered competition at Northampton on Sunday. Consequently the gun will be checked over and dried off before we set off.

By the way, the next cartridge will take an awful lot of the carp out of the barrel, leave it damp with oil and a load of the carp will come out of the metal, if you really want to scrub until you get a clean patch out of the barrel, so be it.

I only ever did that when shooting rifles over long distances.