Population density across the UK

AVB

Just now, Scully said:

Yes, I’d agree with this; adverts are far more colour diverse than they were, and noticebly quite recently I would add. 

Yup, quite often it's the complete opposite of what you'd expect,,,, sort of enforced/deliberate. To me they're all actors earning a crust.

Yeah likewise, I find some of the adverts hilarious, they'll feature a disabled person, a mixed race couple, a transgender person, a few different ethnicitys and some gay people. I've got to say I've never yet had a day I passed that many different people with protected characteristics on the street, not that I'd care if I did, I just find it funny, they feel the need to do that on an advert, almost as if being white and straight is the minority. 

The diversity makeup of advertising is down to massive focus group and polling work by the advertisers to reach untapped markets - you don’t need to advertise to the people already buying your product. The increase in diversity is purely down to people responding to these polls to say the adverts as they were don’t represent them, so the advertisers manoeuvre to ensure they do have someone who represents those of different colours and disabilities. It’s not political correctness but market forces and desire for sales at play here.

The diversity makeup of advertising is down to massive focus group and polling work by the advertisers to reach untapped markets - you don’t need to advertise to the people already buying your product. The increase in diversity is purely down to people responding to these polls to say the adverts as they were don’t represent them, so the advertisers manoeuvre to ensure they do have someone who represents those of different colours and disabilities. It’s not political correctness but market forces and desire for sales at play here.

Interesting view. I hope I haven't a racist bone in my body and whilst someone's colour is of absolutely no consequence to me, there definitely is a hidden agenda.

100milesaway - Whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say there are zero white persons in adverts, their presence is rapidly diminishing. The ethnic content of the actors is totally disproportionate to the mix of the population. I sometimes feel like they are attempting to brainwash me.

28 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Interesting, I always wondered why they did it and now I know. 

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

It is also worth having a look at your magazines and newspapers, also the junk mail from Tesco, etc. 

They are aimed at the demographics of the readership, they can't skew them like a computer algorithm.

I changed my profile on Facebook to check it, I put down I was from Tromso in Norway, Facebook immediately started to advertise Norwegian products to me. Delete your cookies and search history and stop using social media and email from your device and just see the difference.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

It’s not political correctness but market forces and desire for sales at play here.

See above

14 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It really doesn’t bother me about the diversity within adverts. However there are far too many very good looking people in them, makes ugly people like us feel like a minority whereas we are the vast majority. 

I wouldn't know , because I look absolutely xxxxxxx amazing 😅😅😅

I should have made it clear , that I'm the second most handsome bloke on pigeonwatch 😊

Edited by mel b3

5 hours ago, henry d said:

They are aimed at the demographics of the readership, they can't skew them like a computer algorithm.

I changed my profile on Facebook to check it, I put down I was from Tromso in Norway, Facebook immediately started to advertise Norwegian products to me. Delete your cookies and search history and stop using social media and email from your device and just see the difference.

See above

The big evil eye is everywhere.