Covid 19

Renewal is due and the FEO wants to make a home visit next week to interview me and inspect the usual.  We live in a Tier 2 area so I am well aware of how restrictions affect me.  I do not visit neighbours or family and have not done so for months, consequently I have stayed safe.  I know we should not mix indoors so how is it the FEO can come to my house, interview me, and move about my house inspecting my security and checking guns?  I have not given him an appropriate time to visit yet because I am not sure I want him in my house.  Can I refuse him entry or do the Government Restrictions prevent him from coming here anyway?

I’d tell him you are not comfortable with the home visit - suggest doing it over FaceTime or similar - I wouldn’t want them visiting at this time with the disease still highly prevalent and it’s a renewal so presumably they have already inspected before. 

my own sgc moved area during the first lockdown and they didn’t come out at all, just did it all over the phone and asked about security, cabinet mounting and alarm etc and it was fine.