Broadband/Phone ISP's

VicW

My contract with BT is about to end and I am thinking of moving to Plusnet where I can save about £20 a month. BT are not budging on their renewal price. Do any Club Jazz members have any experience of Plusnet.
No ISP's appear to get many good reviews.

Vic.

Yes, been with plusnet for about five years now, on the few occasions I have needed help with my broadband I always found their customer service excellent.

Cannot fault them.

Best is I think they are owned by BT.

Edited to add a few more details for you...

Think my phone line rental is £200 per year with free calls up-to an hour, but I just put the phone down before the hour is up and re-phone the person, my broadband and phone works out around £18 per month but I have been receiving a customer loyalty discount of £7.00 per month so £11.00 per month, broadband is through the overhead phone-line (not cable) and we get speeds of 6-7mb download and around 1-2mb upload, its plenty fast enough for most things we use it for including catch-up TV.

Edited by old'un

26 minutes ago, snipper said:

I've been with plusnet 15yrs now ..... excellent service on the rare occasion I've needed to get in touch with them .

Also on their mobile service ( EE) 

Yep, got their 30 day rolling contract sim only, 3gb data, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes all for £6 per month, if your a high data user they have the same deal for £10 per month with 12gb of data, of course if you use the phone at home you can use data over your Wi-Fi, which cost nowt. :)

31 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, got their 30 day rolling contract sim only, 3gb data, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes all for £6 per month, if your a high data user they have the same deal for £10 per month with 12gb of data, of course if you use the phone at home you can use data over your Wi-Fi, which cost nowt. :)

I went for the £6 12 month mobile contract 

4gb data unlimited calls and texts but went through a cashback....  Works out to £3 a month.... 

Could always do the same with broadband... £70 cashback  with topcashback 

10 minutes ago, snipper said:

I went for the £6 12 month mobile contract 

4gb data unlimited calls and texts but went through a cashback....  Works out to £3 a month.... 

Could always do the same with broadband... £70 cashback  with topcashback 

That's interesting, thanks. :good:

I changed to Zen Internet a couple of years ago. At the time they were the best buy around. They don't offer any of those seductive introductory deals then shred you in 18 months, they simply offer a price which includes line rental etc and guarantee that the price will never go up. I like that approach and I've been entirely happy with them and happy to recommend them. I made a couple of call to support when setting up the router and they knew what they were talking about and were very courteous. 

Cancel bt and take up the best deal you can find and bt will then end up calling you with a better deal to keep you - I switched to John Lewis broadband earlier this year (which is plusnet) and bt called me once the switch was initiated and offered £19.99 a month for line rental and unlimited super fast fibre plus their newest router so I stayed with them.

10 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

Cancel bt and take up the best deal you can find and bt will then end up calling you with a better deal to keep you - I switched to John Lewis broadband earlier this year (which is plusnet) and bt called me once the switch was initiated and offered £19.99 a month for line rental and unlimited super fast fibre plus their newest router so I stayed with them.

Plusnet is owned by BT

Edit - I hadn't read the whole post and didn't realise this had already been mentioned.

Edited by Newbie to this

In our current house we have John Lewis Broadband which is broadband provided by Plusnet - but with a dedicated John Lewis customer service (i.e. quality) help line. 

In a fairly remote property currently under construction, the only real choice for fast broadband is provided by Gigaclear - which is a great product although the install process and customer service are beyond dire BUT with Vonage VOIP added you can port your existing landline number (of any area code) to your new address and it will tandem ring your mobile wherever you are for free.