Unhappy Neighbour...

fatchap

My new next-door neighbour spent a good couple of hours yesterday putting up his outside Christmas decorations. He had a light up snowman, two mesh wire reindeer. Loads of plastic candy canes pushed into the ground. and the ridiculous lights all over the front of the house, which if done well looks good.........his didn't when it was dark enough for the switch on.

This morning I heard him over the fence telling his son that Santa probably didn't like the decorations as they were not Christmassy enough. This got my interest so had a look out the front, what was quite a festive scene yesterday was now a barren landscape, Wire mesh reindeer....gone, Plastic candy canes....gone. Light up Snowman gone. Lights in his two conifers....gone. I can understand him being unhappy as all the decorations appeared to be brand new, all came in plastic bags. Another example of the thieving scroats that live round here. 

We have these two what look like hedge balls hanging up either side of the porch, I took the precaution of using metal cable ties to secure them to the metal wall hooks. Unless they come armed with metal cutters they ain't getting them off.

Do feel sorry for him next door, two young kids looking forward to christmas, he spends a good bit of money on decorations and they are gone in a day. ********!!!! 

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

H&S hasnt help much either, 240v may have given them a good belt while they were nicking them. 

Just been talking to him about that, he said they where all on a timer, set to switch off at 1am, all the lights where low voltage via one drop box inside the house so all they did was cut the wire as close to the house as they could. 

He has told the police and apparently they are sending someone round, they didn't say when but someone will call. Gave him a crime number and thats about that. 

He moved from Suffolk to here as his wife got a good paying job but dosn't drive. Big mistake, This place along time ago was a nice area, mainly OAP's but now as the OAP's obviously get less and less, the council use it as a dumping ground.

5 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Just been talking to him about that, he said they where all on a timer, set to switch off at 1am, all the lights where low voltage via one drop box inside the house so all they did was cut the wire as close to the house as they could. 

He has told the police and apparently they are sending someone round, they didn't say when but someone will call. Gave him a crime number and thats about that. 

He moved from Suffolk to here as his wife got a good paying job but dosn't drive. Big mistake, This place along time ago was a nice area, mainly OAP's but now as the OAP's obviously get less and less, the council use it as a dumping ground.

I think i understand the population increase in the area from your last 8 words. 

Filling the country with wana be gangster scum type ? 

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Please round up your thieving scroat's and send them here to steal all of the awful tacky Xmas lights and carp that some of the local morons decide to decorate their houses with in bloody November!

We will soon look like a council estate with the lights on all year!

Nothing like a bit of Christmas cheer!

I wonder what the results would have been if they were hooked up to 3phase and the thieving scrotes tried to snip them. Nothing like high voltage to give you flying lessons. I sure as hell wouldn't be too distraught if I found a thieving scumbag lying roasted medium rare while trying to nick my stuff

56 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I think i understand the population increase in the area from your last 8 words. 

Filling the country with wana be gangster scum type ? 

It all started when they built the Olympic stadium, the "residents" where they wanted to build on where basically given council houses around here plus a substantial sum to move in theey used to turn up in coaches every weekend to view thier free homes, and it hasn't stopped. Any big development that requires people to move, this area seems to be first on the list. I know people on the council list who have been waiting 12 years for a property and they just get pushed to one side by the councils need to be charitable for these people who are being made homeless by lots of money changing hands for land. And I bet this council don't do too bad out of it neither.

Edited by fatchap

44 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Please round up your thieving scroat's and send them here to steal all of the awful tacky Xmas lights and carp that some of the local morons decide to decorate their houses with in bloody November!

I have some sympathy with that view. 

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Plus one!

I wish somebody would pinch all my neighbours decorations that have been up since the middle of November. It’s like living in Santa’s grotto for two months of the year. They’re barmy, and none of them have kids. Why can’t they put them up for Christmas? I believe it starts on 24th. Dec.

Bah, Humbug!

We are a grumpy bunch on here.

Don't mind some outdoor lights and decorations, lights in a tree few ornaments ets. 

It's when they fill the garden and every inch of the house with them, chavtastic.  

Then there is the scruffy ******* who don't bother to take them down after Christmas.

The festival of light predates Christianity, a celebration of the darkest day of the year. I can understand this year that during lockdown people want something to do and think about so let them crack on I say. Some of my neighbours have decorations and lights up, not to my taste but if it makes them happy that’s fine by me. 

The village committee light the trees every year around the common. They also write a flyer to ask people just to choose warm white 3500k lights, not coloured so that the village looks consistent. It makes me laugh, as I do agree with them but at the same time people are free to do as they please. 

26 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

The festival of light predates Christianity, a celebration of the darkest day of the year. I can understand this year that during lockdown people want something to do and think about so let them crack on I say. Some of my neighbours have decorations and lights up, not to my taste but if it makes them happy that’s fine by me. 

They are bored and after something to do!