Unhappy Neighbour...

fatchap

4 hours ago, fatchap said:

My new next-door neighbour spent a good couple of hours yesterday putting up his outside Christmas decorations. He had a light up snowman, two mesh wire reindeer. Loads of plastic candy canes pushed into the ground. and the ridiculous lights all over the front of the house, which if done well looks good.........his didn't when it was dark enough for the switch on.

This morning I heard him over the fence telling his son that Santa probably didn't like the decorations as they were not Christmassy enough. This got my interest so had a look out the front, what was quite a festive scene yesterday was now a barren landscape, Wire mesh reindeer....gone, Plastic candy canes....gone. Light up Snowman gone. Lights in his two conifers....gone. I can understand him being unhappy as all the decorations appeared to be brand new, all came in plastic bags. Another example of the thieving scroats that live round here. 

We have these two what look like hedge balls hanging up either side of the porch, I took the precaution of using metal cable ties to secure them to the metal wall hooks. Unless they come armed with metal cutters they ain't getting them off.

Do feel sorry for him next door, two young kids looking forward to christmas, he spends a good bit of money on decorations and they are gone in a day. ********!!!! 

lend him a gun !

6 hours ago, fatchap said:

Too true nowadays, slap on the wrist and told to be a good person, get caught again it will be both wrists.

A farmer friend of mine asked the local magistrate why didn't they deal with them while they were in court

The reply was would you like a brick through your window

If the magistrates dished what was available to them, it might help

But they don't live in the real world

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Please round up your thieving scroat's and send them here to steal all of the awful tacky Xmas lights and carp that some of the local morons decide to decorate their houses with in bloody November!

We will soon look like a council estate with the lights on all year!

You're a happy little Christmas elf today dave 😊.

It appears that lights and decorations are going up even earlier this year.  I like Christmas,  but I'd rather wait until nearer the day before putting up decorations , but , it's been a pretty tough year for everyone, especially kids that can't really understand what going on . Bringing the Christmas fun forward a little,  can only be a good thing .

19 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You're a happy little Christmas elf today dave 😊.

It appears that lights and decorations are going up even earlier this year.  I like Christmas,  but I'd rather wait until nearer the day before putting up decorations , but , it's been a pretty tough year for everyone, especially kids that can't really understand what going on . Bringing the Christmas fun forward a little,  can only be a good thing .

🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

It would seem a reasonable justification. It would also just be efficient, you have to spend this weekend locked at home and at some point between now your wife will make you put up the Christmas lights then get cracking. Fortunately we do not have any external decorations for me to mess about with, but have year round lighting anyway. 

On 29/11/2020 at 18:42, mel b3 said:

You're a happy little Christmas elf today Dave 😊.

When I arrived at work last Thursday, the new chap had put a 2 foot decorated tree in the office. I looks great in the lavatory!:w00t:

Still there when I left last night.:good:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When I arrived at work last Thursday, the new chap had put a 2 foot decorated tree in the office. I looks great in the lavatory!

Still there when I left last night.:good:

You should change your username to the grinch 😅