Transit connect Haynes manual or advice

strimmer_13

Hi 

I'm after a Haynes manual for the above as Ive got a 2006 1.8tddi at 75ps which is a slug and not helped that the flex section on the cat side of the exhaust is broken. So I need to take the cat off and either replace the flex section with those universal sections you see on the bay, or the whole cat. I'm trying to be tight and after paying the local garage £140 to not fix my brakes recently I'm having a go myself. I see they are on the bay and other sites but was wondering if somebody had one they ain't using I'd buy before heading over to the bay. 

What I want is either the manual or advice on how hard it is to get the cat off as the last time I was under it, it looked like I wouldn't get a weasel behind the block to get the bolts out. That and I'm about as clued up as a drunk skunk when it comes to cars, but willing to have a go as I'm as tight as a ducks ***, but can't find any info on the Ford forums and don't want to join one to do the usual one post wonder and never go back. 

Thanks 

Matt

you can cut the old flexible bit out and weld a new one in or clamp on  without removal  alignment is a big issue on the floor  

they run like a bag of spanners or stall wont start   leave 20min run ok   cam sensor needs changing 

Edited by Saltings

Yea the bendy bit is just past what I guess is the subframe going upto the turbo/manifold. I can't cut it off in situ as I can't get a cutter up there apart from maybe a dremel but that would use a few dozen discs 😅 was hoping to get it off and weld the new section on for a more permanent fix. 

Not even you tube has this, but I'm guessing this is a focus engine, so would the lay out be the same? 

9 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Yea the bendy bit is just past what I guess is the subframe going upto the turbo/manifold. I can't cut it off in situ as I can't get a cutter up there apart from maybe a dremel but that would use a few dozen discs 😅 was hoping to get it off and weld the new section on for a more permanent fix. 

Not even you tube has this, but I'm guessing this is a focus engine, so would the lay out be the same? 

yes focus engine de tuned    remapped lightning fast  75 ps to 130 something   focus st     the nuts should undo ok    paint them with oil  or spray on white grease £ shop a day or two before  removal        new gasket      use best diesel    dearer  more responsive higher mpg cleaner exhaust     city diesel junk gums up injectors    or add 100mls   two stroke oil to £20 worth       lay your exhaust out  sandbag or what you have it dont moove  position / jig  cut out weld in  flexi bit  if you were nearer i would do it for you     o by the way  blank the egr valve     plate £3.00 evilbay     more responsive