Packham asks to end beef with Lord Botham

Sidelever

Saw this headline in Saturdays Times newspaper.

Article has CP extending an olive branch to Lord Botham to end their feud over country sports.

CP  said he would rather sit around a table and talk to find common ground “I’d never voice  an anti-shooting agenda”

CP said adding he wanted legal shooting and no more killing of raptors or killing of birds for no reason.

The article was on page 9 and covers almost half a page.

CP?hmmm....🤨

The part killing birds for no reason is why he wants a sit down with beefy.

Packham will never see common ground only ways to get what he wants. Even packham knows some birds need to be culled, but he and his ilk will never agree to game shooting in any form.

It keeps Packham in the news and trying to seem reasonable. It would appear he is losing and might be a little concerned that the new head of BBC might not be too accommodating.

killing of birds for no reason

That is a sweeping generalisation, which could result in shooting only for crop protection and vermin control.

Edited by Gordon R

I wouldn’t believe anything printed in newspapers, maybe the date could be right.. It would be great to sit around a table to talk and (listen). Mr Packham can talk he gets paid enough to do it. The problem is that he is not able to listen , he knows this and he should allow his counterparts to sit around the table instead. Any discussion should be about shooting (field sports) and the countryside, not about criminals killing birds of prey. It will take place sooner or later so long as the right people from all sides sit around the table then it wouldn’t be a waste of time. 

On 30/11/2020 at 23:12, Gordon R said:

It keeps Packham in the news and trying to seem reasonable. It would appear he is losing and might be a little concerned that the new head of BBC might not be too accommodating.

That is a sweeping generalisation, which could result in shooting only for crop protection and vermin control.

This. Keeps him in conversations, even on here.

He has made waves in recent times and he will keep on and on and on because its a proven tactic. Whether he's coming across as the leader of a rebellion or as a potential peace keeper, it won't matter to him as long as his face is out there being seen. 

Self publicist,must be at least one TV programme a week talking as if he is the only person who knows what their talking about.

All this rubbish about not wanting to stop shooting is an out and out lie.He called people that shoot psychopaths.Nice way to build bridges.I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

What does he think he is doing fronting Wild Justice with the other two glory hunters judicial review after judicial review,costing the public purse thousands of pounds.,and not a penny out of his considerable pocket.

I do believe we should totally ignore him and not give him the publicity he craves.

Packham’s trouble because he’s a zealot. There’s no middle ground, only his way - which is a complete ban on all and any field sports whatsoever.  He’s lying is he say otherwise and his rationale is that the end justifies the means. 

He’s also media savvy and I don’t agree that Botham will tie him in knots. The way to get to Packham is look at his finances and themes-abiding nature of the people he works alongside. Even if (which I doubt) Packham doesn’t have anything to hide, his fellow travellers won’t be clean.