dentures

Saltings

On 28/12/2020 at 22:56, Woodbepigeonshooter said:

I think your dentist is proposing for you  to have mini implants. If you had an existing set of dentures they could be used as part of that procedure but as you have lost additional teeth it is not an option.

Dentistry is no different to other sectors in that you pay more for brands that spend money on marketing, premium brand for flexible dentures is Valplast but an alternative may be 40% cheaper and do the same thing ie Sunshine but depends on what the dentist is trained in.

Flexible acrylic dentures are a private option and hold to the gums better and hence you will have fewer problems with consuming a varied diet and therefore you require only 2  mini implants to retain when other dentures may require 4 mini implants. You will pay more for the flexible denture but save on the surgical in requiring only 2 mini implants.

I have heard from patients that flexible dentures are life changing so to add mini implants  with a flexible dentures it should be great and good value as it should last for 10yrs + 

You should be able to bag interest free credit as most provide it now

( not a dentist but work on the commercial side) 

thanks  will investigate some more once bone density scan is done 

Edited by Saltings

22 hours ago, Saltings said:

tom thats impressive looks really good 

Since then I’ve had another done on the top as when I was on a ventilator with COVID in April they knocked one out when turning me over. They were very apologetic when I was brought out of the coma. That was the last thing I was bothered about at the time. 

On 30/12/2020 at 22:24, elgreco said:

Since then I’ve had another done on the top as when I was on a ventilator with COVID in April they knocked one out when turning me over. They were very apologetic when I was brought out of the coma. That was the last thing I was bothered about at the time. 

fella ilfe matters the rest may be an inconvenience  i cant express  or say other than keep safe  not good with words   keep safe 

thanks for all reply's   bone density scan     given covid everything    sometime in the future       then    drill posts bottom jaw with magnets flexible dentures  anyone get there before me  your input     would be most welcome                  the cost is erivelent         function for me      

Edited by Saltings

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, miawade said:

My wife is scheduled to have all her upper teeth removed next week. Some of my internet research says that she will be on a liquid diet for 6-8 weeks, while the gums heal. Other research say that she should receive "immediate dentures" after surgery and can eat pretty much regular food. Any advice regarding diet? I will be on her diet, for the most part, as support. And any advice about getting dentures, in general? Thanks!

In 1973? (74?) I had complete removal and immediate dentures. This, apparently, was the quickest way forward to return to normality which also avoided the embarrassment of being “gummy” when at work. As to diet? Long term memory loss I’m afraid but I believe it involved soups and mashed fruits for deserts.

On 08/04/2023 at 01:02, miawade said:

My wife is scheduled to have all her upper teeth removed next week. Some of my internet research says that she will be on a liquid diet for 6-8 weeks, while the gums heal. Other research say that she should receive "immediate dentures" after surgery and can eat pretty much regular food. Any advice regarding diet? I will be on her diet, for the most part, as support. And any advice about getting dentures, in general? Thanks!

I had the first stage of the implant last Monday afternoon. Once post was fitted, gum stitched etc, my denture was adjustable and put in. 
Couldn’t eat anything until Wednesday, and then, only scrambled egg. 
Back to being able to eat anything now, and can finally have a cup of tea

• 3 weeks later...