1st left 'n' right

Well, a couple of days ago on here I said I had not seen the usual flocks but yesterday when sitting in the wood on a misty morning waiting for tree rats I had a huge flock, maybe a couple of hundred maybe more drop into the wood. Seen them do this before on thick misty mornings as if they cannot quite locate the field they want to feed in.

This is west Leicestershire, almost on the four counties boundary.

Anyway welcome aboard.

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well, a couple of days ago on here I said I had not seen the usual flocks but yesterday when sitting in the wood on a misty morning waiting for tree rats I had a huge flock, maybe a couple of hundred maybe more drop into the wood. Seen them do this before on thick misty mornings as if they cannot quite locate the field they want to feed in.

This is west Leicestershire, almost on the four counties boundary.

Anyway welcome aboard.

:welcomeani:

Strange you should say that but a week or so ago I was up at Nunney with Lloyd and we saw several hundred pigeons milling about. They were all over the farms I shoot but not settled on anything in particular but also not keen to leave. I just don't see any real numbers here (N Somerset) so it was nice to see but I could not work out where or on what they were feeding. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

:welcomeani:

Strange you should say that but a week or so ago I was up at Nunney with Lloyd and we saw several hundred pigeons milling about. They were all over the farms I shoot but not settled on anything in particular but also not keen to leave. I just don't see any real numbers here (N Somerset) so it was nice to see but I could not work out where or on what they were feeding. 

Enjoyed the report on the Nuney walk around, Brought back many happy memories.

Welcome left n right, we are all concerned about the low numbers but hopefully its a seasonal temporary situation, my last 3 outings here in Norfolk I have only managed around 15 in total, my usual bags are 20 to 30 on a poor day, my freezers are still virtually empty since the beginning of the first lockdown, most of the birds I have been picking have been recycled into decoys for a few weeks , then bined , very sad state of affairs.