Hornby Train Set for Young Child

ph5172

My young daughter has expressed an interest in model train sets. 
I had one as a kid (Hornby midnight freight if I recall) but sadly it’s long gone. 

anyone selling a small set suitable for a child who’s age hasn’t reached double figures yet. 

looked around but I can’t afford the price of some of the sets not knowing if she will like it but i would like her to be able to add to it if she does. 

thanks 

On 30/11/2020 at 22:11, ph5172 said:

My young daughter has expressed an interest in model train sets. 
I had one as a kid (Hornby midnight freight if I recall) but sadly it’s long gone. 

anyone selling a small set suitable for a child who’s age hasn’t reached double figures yet. 

looked around but I can’t afford the price of some of the sets not knowing if she will like it but i would like her to be able to add to it if she does. 

thanks 

Hello, have you found anything, is that new or second hand, I had one as a nipper and remember before Dr Beeching 🙄 our station on GWR line, 

On 04/12/2020 at 08:22, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have you found anything, is that new or second hand, I had one as a nipper and remember before Dr Beeching 🙄 our station on GWR line, 

I have had a couple of offers. 
I have stopped buying lunch when out and about in favour of packed lunches to save done pennies to put towards one. 

new wise you can pick up a cheap set that runs on batteries for £15 or so. 
the cheapest half decent Hornby set seems to be in Aldi of all places at £75. 

2 hours ago, ph5172 said:

I have had a couple of offers. 
I have stopped buying lunch when out and about in favour of packed lunches to save done pennies to put towards one. 

new wise you can pick up a cheap set that runs on batteries for £15 or so. 
the cheapest half decent Hornby set seems to be in Aldi of all places at £75. 

Hello, yes I see those,  are you near a Railway/ museum. Railway Heritage Museum ? I find it interesting your daughter likes trains but I think it's great, I live near Didcot museum where they have done a lot of filming, check out Pendon  Museum, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, yes I see those,  are you near a Railway/ museum. Railway Heritage Museum ? I find it interesting your daughter likes trains but I think it's great, I live near Didcot museum where they have done a lot of filming, check out Pendon  Museum, 

No not near any but used to ride the train for a day out and we did the St Ives Bay line when she was smaller. 

I did Nairobi to Mombasa train trip in my early 20s

i have a love or model villages and most usually have a railway layout. 

we have been to lego land and they have a big setup as well 

13 hours ago, ph5172 said:

No not near any but used to ride the train for a day out and we did the St Ives Bay line when she was smaller. 

I did Nairobi to Mombasa train trip in my early 20s

i have a love or model villages and most usually have a railway layout. 

we have been to lego land and they have a big setup as well 

Hello, the Christmas set looks like fun for a starter, if your ever down my way I will take you all to the Didcot museum that is when we are out of this pandemic 👍