Light duck cartridge

captainhastings

Any one recommend a light cartridge for use in a light sxs ? Obviously needs to be steel. I have the winchester pigeon which I use and that is a lump so can take any thing but I would like to give the other two an airing. Also think they would be great for the snap shooting needed in the switching hours when a wigeon or teal belts by with zero warning. Bismouth is out of the budget 

Question is , how many are you likely to shoot?  If only a box, maybe two then why not go for bismuth. Yes, it is pricey but a couple of boxes is small compared to a years shooting.  I have shot bismuth in 12, 16 and 410 gauges at duck and have not noticed any difference to shooting lead. It seems to do the job if I do.  I believe Eley do bismuth in 12s and know they do them in 16s.  

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Question is , how many are you likely to shoot?  If only a box, maybe two then why not go for bismuth. Yes, it is pricey but a couple of boxes is small compared to a years shooting.  I have shot bismuth in 12, 16 and 410 gauges at duck and have not noticed any difference to shooting lead. It seems to do the job if I do.  I believe Eley do bismuth in 12s and know they do them in 16s.  

Your right there I was actually thinking that as I typed. Bismuth might be the way to go as couple of boxes would do 

Edited by captainhastings