team tractor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Glad there’s no broken bones. Lesson from the school of hard knocks! That’ll stay in his mind more than drumming in the Green Cross Code, or whatever they teach them these days. 🤭👍😄

Now then,my response to this is not what most folks would expect.......I thought that the Green Cross Code was the start of the blame someone else culture. Why  are the schools, teachers, drivers, today expected to wet nurse everyone elses kids?

I had the misfortune 50 years ago to have a anorak snorkelled child of 14 run into the side of my car.. It damaged my door and wing mirror and well shook me up., fortunatly the main impact was taken by a huge dufflebag full of sports gear.

He insisted he was OK but i insisted I took him home in my car  before I advised the police of the event. On arriving at his home I was met with total frostiness from the parents and no concern for him, me or my car.

About a week later I got a bill for an ambulance and check up fees for the lad. IT also cost me about £200 for the damage to my car. I might add had that been my child, i would have thanked the person for kindly depositing my son safely, told the driver I would pay for any damage and given my child a thick ear and docked his oddie until it had all been settled.

About 2 months after that, my nephew 14 years of age had a similar accident, but he had a bad leg break. Whilst visiting him in hospital with his mum( my sister inlaw) was blaming everyone except her son so I asked her if she had every actually gone through serious road drill with him when he was younger, She went bright red and said "never."

Moral of story whilst I am glad your child wasn't badly injured and hope the driver gets his self a large fine but please don't expect other folks to mop up the outcome of your children's incompetance. from Auntie..

6 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

About 2 months after that, my nephew 14 years of age had a similar accident, but he had a bad leg break. Whilst visiting him in hospital with his mum( my sister inlaw) was blaming everyone except her son so I asked her if she had every actually gone through serious road drill with him when he was younger, She went bright red and said "never."

I thought every parent drilled it into their kids?? We practice when we walk home from school, with me often shouting 'your dead' at them if they don't look when we cross.

I'm sure things are worse these days because kids come out of school and no doubt turn their phones on, thus paying no attention to the roads.

It appears there was a big increase in accidents involving children and cars post lockdown. 
I saw 4 on the same estate where children had cycled into the side of cars after having free run on their bikes for months. 

these things happen but I always wonder who pays for the damage. 

14 hours ago, foxbasher said:

Hope the driver gets his or hers good dose of karma. Hope your lad gets better soon mate

No offence to the OP but the driver may not have been in the wrong, if they were travelling at 20mph then they were obviously following some of the rules of the road (and possibly all of them).

My ex had a trainee once, straight out of school and always had her iPod on (complained when she couldn't at work even though the job included answering phones!), the question was raised about her crossing roads and possibly not hearing traffic, her response "cars have brakes they should stop!!!"

How many mummies were blocking the roads visibility with their cars?                                                                                  Unbelievable where I am at school leaving times, it gives the kids far less safe exits.                                                                    Hope he gets well quick as most young uns do.

See loads of youngsters just walk out on the roads glaring at you as if they can do what they want. Let's hope they don't do it with trains or motorways.

The motorist always gets blamed until anything else is proven. 

Wonder who they blame if they stick finger in a electric socket or something as daft.

Father in law ran a kid over years ago, fully the kids fault ran straight out between parked cars into the front of father in law's car. Hurt his leg, father in law was in bits over it. Was not his fault, witnesses to the event etc. He had to pay for the damage to his car.  It always seems wrong, if your kid broke someone's window you'd be expected to pay for a new one, yet car damage from being run over, no siree tough sort it yourself.

22 minutes ago, figgy said:

See loads of youngsters just walk out on the roads glaring at you as if they can do what they want. Let's hope they don't do it with trains or motorways.

The motorist always gets blamed until anything else is proven. 

Wonder who they blame if they stick finger in a electric socket or something as daft.

Father in law ran a kid over years ago, fully the kids fault ran straight out between parked cars into the front of father in law's car. Hurt his leg, father in law was in bits over it. Was not his fault, witnesses to the event etc. He had to pay for the damage to his car.  It always seems wrong, if your kid broke someone's window you'd be expected to pay for a new one, yet car damage from being run over, no siree tough sort it yourself.

My mate had a kid run out and kick a ball from under his car . He was sat at the lights and the kid broke his leg . £26k damages 😮. My mate had to sell his car as he couldn’t insure it 

Not good is it, something should be done about it..  if parents had to pay until child was 18 they would be more careful.

More to the point Nath, when you getting some chainmail work gloves.  Must be hard to teach your kids about consequences when you keep trying to loose your own fingers. 😂

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Not good is it, something should be done about it..  if parents had to pay until child was 18 they would be more careful.

More to the point Nath, when you getting some chainmail work gloves.  Must be hard to teach your kids about consequences when you keep trying to loose your own fingers. 😂

He probably thinks going to A&E is a rite of passage 😅😅