Christmas Tree what have you got?

oowee

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. We have a traditional tree. Have had it for about three years now and it lives outside in a bucket. We bring it in each Christmas and dress it.

Unfortunately, earlier this year I placed it on the garden wall while doing a bit of tidying, and that nights high winds blew it over, falling about four feet and snapping the top off. 😢

We’ll still bring it inside, but will have to get creative with it! 

9 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

yes but the last 2 years the boy has been working xmas day, he works in a hospital.so we never bothered.the girl comes over.

It's not the same without kids at Christmas. Mine have long ago left home and now live some distance away. Christmas with kids is on a different level. 

I once had Christmas in the Caribbean with Santa arriving on ski's. it just was not Christmas.  We seem to go through the motions because we feel we should 😂

9 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I believe that species is a "Queensland Pine" ?!

My tree is still where it belongs - out in the bleedin woods!

Well said Jim!:good:

Oh it's not a Queensland Pine, it is an Apple Xmas tree and poor operation of the Apple equipment in posting the image.:P

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well said Jim!:good:

Oh it's not a Queensland Pine, it is an Apple Xmas tree and poor operation of the Apple equipment in posting the image.:P

It is indeed, I was so engrossed in ‘Designated Survivor’ that I couldn’t find the enthusiasm to sort it.

55F257BC-5E18-4F63-B40F-5D9231DCE13A.jpeg

Better, your Lordship!!!!!

Kids all grown up but wife will still put up and dress three trees. Madness, my son and I try and reign her in but we're the Grinches apparently. 

Owee that is my idea of a tree, like old aunt's had, foot or so tall tiny little thing all dressed, sits atop the TV then back in cupboard with cloth over it till next year.

There are what I'd like to get away with 😁

1604918654-pre-lit-3ft-snowy-faux-frosted-christmas-tree-mantel-indoor-700x700-1604918641.jpg

69984_08.jpg

Edited by figgy

We  have a traditional optic fiber tree , which  Mrs Duck decorated yesterday by plugging it , as for the kids coming round they will eventualy ,dont know how long it will take them to come out of thier drunken stooper but they will come round  ! 

Edited by derbyduck

17 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

We  have a traditional optic fiber tree , which  Mrs Duck decorated yesterday by plugging it , as for the kids coming round they will eventualy ,dont know how long it will take them to come out of thier drunken stooper but they will come round  ! 

How is a fibre optic tree traditional?

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How is a fibre optic tree traditional?

They've been around a long time. If you've seen one every Christmas for the past 40 years that's tradition now. 

Tradition is just something people used to do because it was their best option at the time. Or "bullying into conformity by dead people" as someone said to me once. 

I have lots of coloured Christmas trees I bring out when we are having people over through Christmas and I don't have room for a big real tree. I love a big fir tree loaded with as many mis matched ornaments as the branches can stand.

3 hours ago, ehb102 said:

They've been around a long time. If you've seen one every Christmas for the past 40 years that's tradition now. 

Tradition is just something people used to do because it was their best option at the time. Or "bullying into conformity by dead people" as someone said to me once. 

I have lots of coloured Christmas trees I bring out when we are having people over through Christmas and I don't have room for a big real tree. I love a big fir tree loaded with as many mis matched ornaments as the branches can stand.

I like the trees with a mouth that can sing. :lol: Not that we would buy one mind. My job is to source the branch and make it stand up and pass compliments when it is completed.