Rear window replacement

Shearwater

Window claims often don't compromise no claims discount as it isn't going to cause them to consider you as a bad risk.

I'd say going with the window company your insurance has an arrangement with would be cheaper - unless you are capable of DIY fitting one from a breaker vehicle.

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

I've had a few windows done over the years by different company's through my excess on my insurance policies, although It technically hasn't affected my no claims, it is on my record as a claim. Not sure if the price rose as I usually don't hang onto cars very long. 

Exactly what happened to me, was put down as a claim. They advertise it as not affecting no claims discount but always leave out that wee chestnut in the small print about it still affecting your premium.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 17:24, Shearwater said:

Hi all, my rear window just smashed, is it an Autoglass job to get it replaced or is there a cheaper solution? Would prefer not to use insurance co? Cheers lads

what motor       if bonded   you could buy a screen off auction site  or local breakers yard  £ ?  some will fit for you       a tube of bonding agent + primer for about £15.00 or less    mastic gun from the shed  and about an hour of your time cleaning off adhesives on both surfaces with a blade  and a mate on the other side  when fitting     its not hard to do  plenty you tube videos  if not sure   

done many times   inc vintage vehicles with rubber seals  a piece of rope/wire in the groove and pull  its not difficult 

Edited by Saltings