Winchester and nikko

Ausgunner

Gunman - do you have to take some pressure off the ejectors to depress the spring (via the small hole) in the ejectors? It must be 30 years since I took the ejectors out of my 101 and my memory of it isn't 100%. With the forend off, I can't recall whether the ejectors are under pressure or slide freely.

PS - the gun looks in excellent, barely used condition.

Edited by Gordon R

19 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Gunman - do you have to take some pressure off the ejectors to depress the spring (via the small hole) in the ejectors? It must be 30 years since I took the ejectors out of my 101 and my memory of it isn't 100%. With the forend off, I can't recall whether the ejectors are under pressure or slide freely.

PS - the gun looks in excellent, barely used condition.

The ejector springs are in the forend so no pressure on the extractors when off the action as with Browning/Miroku's .Its mainly Italian and Spanish guns that have the springs under the extractors .

On 04/12/2020 at 19:00, Gunman said:

Press the retaining spring down and withdraw .Careful you dont lose them as they are very hard to obtain , no matter what people will say abut getting them from the US .

Mine aren't the same as 101 ejectors. They are the same as nikko 5000 series. No springs in fore end these are sprung loaded ejectors, they are retained by a button but i don't want to guess work it as it's basically new

Same design as these, you can see the round button here. Supposedly they pop out

Screenshot_20201210-073717_Samsung Internet.jpg