"Taking the knee" .

Cranfield

BLM But are they saying this about gang culture or what  Yes it was wrong what they did to kill him but why are  we not shouting about White lives also matter as well so should we all kneel on both knees to show we are all equal . Do we all moan when MOBO awards take place they separate us . Do we have any member's from any other ethnic group who would to voice there thought's.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I really do LOL when I hear people say we're not a racist country and, in some cases, when people say that they themselves are not racist - I'm not projecting that on anybody here per se but reflecting on recurring experiences in real life with people known to me.

Also, racism is a little more complicated than trying to boil it down to a binary yes / no.

It depends on what you define as racist, as that word really has a very wide meaning these days. When I say this is not a racist country, I mean generally people of colour are not treated any worse than white British people, do we need to be kinder to our fellow humans, including other white people, I'd say almost certainly yes. 

On 06/12/2020 at 09:37, mel b3 said:

I find the whole " take a knee  " thing cringe worthy  , and so do my black friends.

Completely agree !

One of my best mates is black another mixed race and I have a mixed race family member and all 3 completely disagree and are in fact embarrassed it 

On 06/12/2020 at 21:37, oscarsdad said:

...it isn’t right that a Marxist cult jumped on the death of a criminal...

So BLM want the workers to own the means of production?

On 07/12/2020 at 09:29, P08 said:

Im wondering if players at a football match take the knee, do some of them say it's best I do it, or I could be branded raciast. It's now the fear factor, what you say, do,

Both black and white rugby players have taken the knee and not before recent games, no stooshie about it strangely.

I don't often post but this taking the knee has got my goat and has been hijacked and turned full circle in my opinion. William Wilberforce the great slavery abolisher employed the great potter Joshua wedgwood to promote his campaign, who designed the image of " am I not a Man and a brother"is what he came up with. A slave on his knee. This campaign proved successful as we should all know. It should not now be twisted to taking a knee means something different.