The AYA had its first outing

Pangolin

The stock is not to my liking but the AYA is a great little gun for a walk about, I see there is a pond in one of the picture, does it have any potential as a flight pond?

Just a bit of friendly advice about the gun balanced on the broken tree branch, I would take the live cartridges out of the gun for your next photo shoot. :)

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

The stock is not to my liking but the AYA is a great little gun for a walk about, I see there is a pond in one of the picture, does it have any potential as a flight pond?

Just a bit of friendly advice about the gun balanced on the broken tree branch, I would take the live cartridges out of the gun for your next photo shoot.

There were ducks on there, I was just after the crows that are hammering the field next to it. Its a nice piece of land, the owner has told me there are muntjac in the wood at the bottom. He also gets gse on there.

Its very handy, just a few mins from home and 500 acres.

The gun was well seated but removed the pic just in case.

Well I don't know if this is your first venture into shooting but it sounds like you have landed on your feet with that farm/er, look after him and I am sure you will have the shooting for many years to come, just don't do anything silly, always think before you do something and ask if you are unsure, he will appreciate your honesty and respect for him and his farm.

Good luck for the future and once you have your feet well and truly under the table approach him about feeding that pond, if its got duck on it without any feed I reckon it could potentially be a hot little flight pond.

P.S. don't forget most farmers like a drink and with Christmas around the corner its an ideal time to drop a bottle of his favourite tipple off at the farm, if he's got a wife find out if she drinks or maybe a box of chocolates.:good:

Just now, old'un said:

Well I don't know if this is your first venture into shooting but it sounds like you have landed on your feet with that farm/er, look after him and I am sure you will have the shooting for many years to come, just don't do anything silly, always think before you do something and ask if you are unsure, he will appreciate your honesty and respect for him and his farm.

Good luck for the future and once you have your feet well and truly under the table approach him about feeding that pond, if its got duck on it without any feed I reckon it could potentially be a hot little flight pond.

P.S. don't forget most farmers like a drink and with Christmas around the corner its an ideal time to drop a bottle of his favourite tipple off at the farm, if he's got a wife find out if she drinks or maybe a box of chocolates.:good:

Ive always done a lot of shooting but then had a break from it for a few years, had to do some scouting to get some new permissions as some of my old ones had changed hands.

I had a sit down with the land owner and went through all the boundaries of the land, what quarry is off limits etc got permission forms signed with copies for both parties. He was very pleased I went to the effort of all the paperwork, writing him a letter etc.

Basically he just doesnt want the hares being shot, which I wouldnt shoot anyway as there isnt many around here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...