Down sizing to 20 bore

mellors

Not so easy to find a side x side these days with a fanatical desire to have an over and under, but they are out there and most of the regular suppliers do them and I would start with AYA and then the Italian makers as suggested.   My 120yr old 16 gauge still seems to pull them out of the sky if I do my job properly.

Thanks I'll do some searching. I had go with a Turkish thing on the shoot yesterday and did really well with it. Called yildiz I think but only found one s/s for sale. Just a bit wary of them. Also most of the 20g are tight choked so not ideal for steel. 

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Yes found just the one down Gloucester will be phoning tomorrow at my age it'll out last me so hopefully will get it. 

I don’t wish to put you off a 20, but have you considered a 16 ?

The old adage ‘shoots like a 12, handles like a 20’ still holds true. As Walker570 says, they can do all you require so long as you do your bit.

I’ve shot 16 bore SxSs now for over forty years and wouldn’t be without at least 2 in the cabinet.

OB

1 minute ago, Old Boggy said:

The old adage ‘shoots like a 12, handles like a 20’ still holds true. As Walker570 says, they can do all you require so long as you do your bit.

I’ve shot 16 bore SxSs now for over forty years and wouldn’t be without at least 2 in the cabinet.

OB

I have two 16s, a browning over an under and a william ford sbs sadly no ejector. I am on the hunt for an ejector sbs. I never feel underguned. 

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

OB

Already have an Henry atkin 16 g for driven shooting. Also miroku 600 ore both of which I've had for over 40 years. . Down sizing on pigeon guns really like the 20g for decoying. 

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see it on the Cotswold gun shop web site, ? 

Don't you buy it. Don't think I can travel yet too risky we're in tier 3 and there in tier 2 so I'm not sure how it would go if I go and buy it. 🤔