Tits

Farmboy91

Got about a dozen of these little fellas visiting the feeder all day long now, along with a handful of great tits, a regular robin and as of yesterday a nuthatch.

I think they are watching me as much as I'm watching them as they are starting to tame, one flew in and landed on the railing no more than 18" from me yesterday and sat, then had a feed and flew off.

PXL_20201206_125226266.jpg

PXL_20201204_113351347.jpg

PXL_20201204_113346137.jpg

22 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Got about a dozen of these little fellas visiting the feeder all day long now, along with a handful of great tits, a regular robin and as of yesterday a nuthatch.

I think they are watching me as much as I'm watching them as they are starting to tame, one flew in and landed on the railing no more than 18" from me yesterday and sat, then had a feed and flew off.

PXL_20201206_125226266.jpg

PXL_20201204_113351347.jpg

PXL_20201204_113346137.jpg

Tits like coconuts ! No reference to Fat Sarah. Just saying :whistling:

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Tits like coconuts ! No reference to Fat Sarah. Just saying 

31 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What, brown, hard and hairy?

Don't go derailing my thread with your smutty comments you two.

😂

When the birds first started showing up at the feeder me and my boy had been watching them coming and going etc then one morning as we were leaving for school he goes to me 'what did you call them birds again dad, titties?' 

Had me in stitches 😂

9 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Coming back on subject :whistling: we have increased visits with shells filled wit a suet/seed mix

I'll keep that in mind for the next lot of feed, cheers 👍

I made own fat balls this year, lard, bread crumbs, oats and a cheap fruit and nut mix from Aldi and they seem to like it. 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'll keep that in mind for the next lot of feed, cheers 👍

I made own fat balls this year, lard, bread crumbs, oats and a cheap fruit and nut mix from Aldi and they seem to like it. 

If you use a "craft butcher" they will often give you a lump of suet.  Smelly to render so do it outside.  We got some winter before last (the small piece he gave us was about 3kg), we just put the last lot out😂 

46 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

If you use a "craft butcher" they will often give you a lump of suet.  Smelly to render so do it outside.  We got some winter before last (the small piece he gave us was about 3kg), we just put the last lot out😂 

There's a decent butchers in lavenham that does game + the woman who works in there shoots the venison, I'll ask next time Im passing. Thanks for the tip 👍

49 minutes ago, Robden said:

We often get the long tailed variety, but they're always in 4 or 5s.......is there a reason for that?

They live in family groups until the spring.

Three weeks ago Clodhopper and I saw one group of twelve followed by another of the same size. They passed by no more than four metres from us.