Dave Carrie videos

Walker570

I was watching a DC film ( Water Priory I think ) on the tube last year some time and as the camera panned around the breakfast table lo and behold were two blokes I know well and whom I’ve shot with, and their wives! 
I couldn’t afford such a day, but they certainly can; one an extremely wealthy local farmer the other a Lakeland caravan site owner. 
Another one I spotted a titled lady whom had been accompanying her husband on our local big shoot; I was beating and she was stood in the middle of the beck talking on her phone; her full length fur coat was dangling in the water. 
She said hello later in the day; seemed a very nice woman, and very attractive to boot. 🙂

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I was watching a DC film ( Water Priory I think ) on the tube last year some time and as the camera panned around the breakfast table lo and behold were two blokes I know well and whom I’ve shot with, and their wives! 
I couldn’t afford such a day, but they certainly can; one an extremely wealthy local farmer the other a Lakeland caravan site owner. 
Another one I spotted a titled lady whom had been accompanying her husband on our local big shoot; I was beating and she was stood in the middle of the beck talking on her phone; her full length fur coat was dangling in the water. 
She said hello later in the day; seemed a very nice woman, and very attractive to boot. 🙂

Fur coat in beck? Nice beaver?:lol:  NB

I had not watched this before but just watched carries pattern testing on 410s   ..  how one sided could it get?

he started with a 21/2 inch cartridge at 55yrds...absolutely crazy

He then chose a 3 inch shell with 18g of #8 shot   etc etc etc

At no time did he indicate what chokes he had in the gun which as any dedicated 410 er will tell you is absolutely paramount in matching with a load.

I load my own 410s and have done a fair few pattern tests and come to the conclusion that my gun...Yilditz 30 inch barrel full and full will plaster a target at 35yrds which is on average 5yrds short of my neighbouring gun on a driven day and a pretty average decoyed pigeon bird.  Young inexperienced shots coming into shooting will be influenced by Carrie's shooting and I am not impressed.   Inanimate clays , OK, have a go and see if you can boost your ego as there is no chance of wounding a bird but just attempting to shoot birds at 70-80-90yrds is totally irresponsible.

I shoot with Dave a good few times a season, and I can assure he is one of the nicest gentleman to shoot with. He has come from a poor upbringing to his current position through hard graft and now has a very successful family business behind him that provides him a very comfortable lifestyle. 

He'll happily tell you of his childhood days with ferrets and air rifles and he has partook in every part of the fieldsports journey, very much like myself. 

As for being greedy, no he will shoot if the other gun is loading or aiming at a different bird, or in some situations we all know that long crosser to your right or left is a better bird for the next peg and it happens often with a good team of guns who know what each other will shoot at.

He is an exceptional shot and challenges himself with almost every shot he takes on, but he is human and he also misses like the rest of us but like everyone on his days we will all shoot some absolute monsters that live with you. 

He does a lot to promote shooting to the marginal audience and remember he and Ian Botham are great friends and the 2 of them now have a combined voice in the house of Lords to help promote and protect shooting.