LPG

islandgun

I used to use some plant that was fuelled from a calor heating tank via a hand operated pump. I understand that meant home fuel rates were paid which at present would be about 40ppl. You would of course have to keep records and pay the extra duty each year however the savings of buying in bulk might outweigh the hassle, especially if also running a cooker or heating in the home from the tank. 

On 22/01/2021 at 22:38, Wb123 said:

I used to use some plant that was fuelled from a calor heating tank via a hand operated pump. I understand that meant home fuel rates were paid which at present would be about 40ppl. You would of course have to keep records and pay the extra duty each year however the savings of buying in bulk might outweigh the hassle, especially if also running a cooker or heating in the home from the tank. 

Sorry just seen this, Does anyone know if you can fill from a bulk container at home ?

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Sorry just seen this, Does anyone know if you can fill from a bulk container at home ?

I asked a delivery guy fueling up one of our neighbours a few days after noting after this thread. Apparently they do provide equipment for it and have a few customers using it to fuel cars/plant though its not hugely common.

12 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

I asked a delivery guy fueling up one of our neighbours a few days after noting after this thread. Apparently they do provide equipment for it and have a few customers using it to fuel cars/plant though its not hugely common.

Cheers that sounds very interesting.... 40ppl would bring down the cost of motoring, even after tax.😉 would make owning a gas guzzling luxury car in budget.

On 28/01/2021 at 18:56, Walker570 said:

CAUTION  you may find the authorities are not amused.    I enquired about a bulk tank 10yrs ago and it appeared to only be an idea if you had a number of vehicles running from it. e.g  fork lifts etc as well as vehicles.  That was via FloGas. 

👍

15 hours ago, Wb123 said:

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/Skid_units.html

These people may be of use or there may be a more local supplier of note for you, so long as your local tanker chap is prepared to fill your own tank.

Thanks very much, interesting thought, I will look into it with the local supplier