Beretta A400 Plus

Cawdor118

Evening team, I wouldn't mind getting another semi auto as I sold my last for being too long. It was a 28" Benelli M2, it never missed a beat and was a great gun but didn't fit the best in the world. I have held a A400 (not the plus) and it seemed to be nice in the hands. I would be getting a 26" version this time, to take account for the action length.  

Would you rather a M2 or A400plus?

Is the A400 better in camo or black for rust protection purposes (the Benelli liked to rust). 

Will the A400 run 28gram cartridges? The M2 would cycle 21's (not that i will ever use anything less than 27gram)

Are they fussy with cartridges of less than 76mm?

Cheers!

Beretta state their gas piston as being good for 24g to 57g while Benelli state they can't guarantee any load lower than 32g with the M2, I have to say my M2 was great at 30g and above but my Beretta's are good down to 24g every time but do need cleaning every few slabs of cartridges unlike the M2.

The Berettas are also very light and pointable where as the M2 seemed more cumbersome 

Edited by Goldfish

29 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

Beretta state their gas piston as being good for 24g to 57g while Benelli state they can't guarantee any load lower than 32g with the M2, I have to say my M2 was great at 30g and above but my Beretta's are good down to 24g every time but do need cleaning every few slabs of cartridges unlike the M2.

The Berettas are also very light and pointable where as the M2 seemed more cumbersome 

Honestly, I would say that the M2 feels smaller in the hands?

On 06/12/2020 at 17:51, Cawdor118 said:

Honestly, I would say that the M2 feels smaller in the hands?

I have a (couple of) Benellis and a Beretta s/a. I tend to agree with Goldfish, the Beretta feels lighter and more compact. Benellis don't  like light loads (30 g should be ok). For Beretta, just avoid anything shorter than 2 3/4. 👍

1 hour ago, Docleo said:

I have a (couple of) Benellis and a Beretta s/a. I tend to agree with Goldfish, the Beretta feels lighter and more compact. Benellis don't  like light loads (30 g should be ok). For Beretta, just avoid anything shorter than 2 3/4. 👍

Ah yes, definitely don't try a 2 1/2" but the Beretta will shoot any 2 3/4" all day long