near 2 slabs of Baikal 12g cartridges

mikehutt

1 box short of 2 slabs   so 475 cartridges  number 7 shot  baikal record 12g cartridges 

i cant use plastic wad anymore where i go  so £80 the lot collect near Lenham in Kent . 

Or swap for 350 fibre wad 12g 

Edited by mikehutt

Great cartridges which I used a lot in the early 70's.

Good fun at dusk / on dark days as they used to spout about 4 feet (1.22M for the pc brigade) of flame. out the end of the barrel. Also, if you cut a cartridge open and pour the shot on the top of a glass table, none of the shot would roll off the edge because it was so out of round.

All that said, I don't recall as many pricked birds as I see today.

19 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Great cartridges which I used a lot in the early 70's.

Good fun at dusk / on dark days as they used to spout about 4 feet (1.22M for the pc brigade) of flame. out the end of the barrel. Also, if you cut a cartridge open and pour the shot on the top of a glass table, none of the shot would roll off the edge because it was so out of round.

All that said, I don't recall as many pricked birds as I see today.

(1.22M for the EU brigade)

fixed it for you!

6 hours ago, London Best said:

Yep, £65/1000 was what I used to pay in the early ‘70’s. Used thousands. They are probably why I’m deaf!

We must have been in the poor part of the country as they were a lot cheaper when we first bought them , a chap down our road in the 60s sold them in boxes of 10 for 5 shillings a box ( 25p ) these were in a square box with a dog and cross guns on the side of the box , when we had a bit more money me and my brother bought them by the 1000 from Richardson's of Halesworth , these came in a wooden crate and were around £40 a 1000 , at about the same time a new gun shop opened in Beccles called Bazooka , my brother had Black sable s x s that he wanted to sell , he took it to Bazooka's and they offered him £100 cash or 3000 Baikal cartridges , he done a deal on the cartridges and I bought half of them for a little cheaper than the normal price at the time , so we both scored . happy days

I also had a few Baikal cartridges that had one lump of lead in them , they were crimped and you could see nearly half of the lead sticking out of the top

It would be interesting to know how old the sellers cartridges are, as I thought they stopped producing them years ago .:hmm:

27 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I remember Bazooka of Beccles - hard to forget a name like that. Is the shop still going?

Hi Gordon , No , it packed up years ago , at the time it had a page advertising Bazooka nearly every week in the Shooting Times , the only old fashion gun shop left in Beccles is Tilneys .

back in the day I had a gun on a partridge shoot and one of the other guns put me on to these, £65 x1000 only bought the one case ,they where a bit on the mucky side,but Frank kept on buying em because they were cheap and suited his £5000 gun ! go figure .

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

We must have been in the poor part of the country as they were a lot cheaper when we first bought them , a chap down our road in the 60s sold them in boxes of 10 for 5 shillings a box ( 25p ) these were in a square box with a dog and cross guns on the side of the box , when we had a bit more money me and my brother bought them by the 1000 from Richardson's of Halesworth , these came in a wooden crate and were around £40 a 1000 , at about the same time a new gun shop opened in Beccles called Bazooka , my brother had Black sable s x s that he wanted to sell , he took it to Bazooka's and they offered him £100 cash or 3000 Baikal cartridges , he done a deal on the cartridges and I bought half of them for a little cheaper than the normal price at the time , so we both scored . happy days

I also had a few Baikal cartridges that had one lump of lead in them , they were crimped and you could see nearly half of the lead sticking out of the top

It would be interesting to know how old the sellers cartridges are, as I thought they stopped producing them years ago .

Have no idea how old as  i got them in amongst a job lot probably left from the 70's  however i have used paper cartridges from way further back than that with no problem and each slab was sealed in thick plastic  so certain they will all be fine as they ever were ! 

PRICE DROP   got to be worth £70 just for a laugh and nostalgia ! or 300 12g fibre 

15 minutes ago, mikehutt said:

Have no idea how old as  i got them in amongst a job lot probably left from the 70's  however i have used paper cartridges from way further back than that with no problem and each slab was sealed in thick plastic  so certain they will all be fine as they ever were ! 

PRICE DROP   got to be worth £70 just for a laugh and nostalgia ! or 300 12g fibre 

I am sure they will shoot perfectly fine , the only snag we found with paper cases was they tend to swell up a bit if left in your pockets , we used them on everything including wildfowl and your fowling coats were mainly wax coats that held quite a bit of moisture in pockets , one reason they were prone to swelling .

Are yours in boxes of ten or 25 , the early ones we bought were in boxes of ten and came in a plastic bay that held a hundred , these bags were handy to put your empties in after a good day on the pigeons .

If you cut one open the shot size would be everything from fours to sevens , so by using the shot size in between they would be right for just about everything on the list at that time , a very good cartridge for the money.

GOOD LUCK with the sale , 

13 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I am sure they will shoot perfectly fine , the only snag we found with paper cases was they tend to swell up a bit if left in your pockets , we used them on everything including wildfowl and your fowling coats were mainly wax coats that held quite a bit of moisture in pockets , one reason they were prone to swelling .

Are yours in boxes of ten or 25 , the early ones we bought were in boxes of ten and came in a plastic bay that held a hundred , these bags were handy to put your empties in after a good day on the pigeons .

If you cut one open the shot size would be everything from fours to sevens , so by using the shot size in between they would be right for just about everything on the list at that time , a very good cartridge for the money.

GOOD LUCK with the sale , 

Hi in boxes of 25  and these are plastic cases