Number of guns

London Best

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How do you propose to fight it?

Our lame shooting organisations are useless!

I really don't know but it's getting beyond a joke. 

Organisations are great at sending out emails to shooters stating how they contacted the BBC on this matter, wrote to the RSPB on that matter, fighting the cause! Yet another restriction slides in under the door and there's not a thing they can do about it. Maybe it's our fault, maybe we're not doing enough to be taken seriously as shooters, sportsman, country folk... Or maybe it's just inevitable as the countryside continues to be built over, we will just be seen as the old deluded animal killers who shouldn't have any rights, while the rest of them run off to Primark and continue to fill up our planet with cheap **** from China. 

Rant over. 

Edited by BrowningB7

Ok this isn’t new at all HO guidelines say something along the lines of larger numbers of guns may require increased security precautions depending on the location and risk and has done for many a year. 

typical HO guidance vague some forces 5 is a larger number others I’ve lived in 12.  The crime rate in your area will also influence this the level of addition security you require. 

A friend in the Army posted to Glasgow was asked to store his guns in the armoury, that nicer area the MoD alarmed all the quarters.  

Sounds like someone is pushing it to meet a target or agenda to me. 

49 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My “enhanced security” is making sure the dogs are at large when FEO due. They will bay at them whilst outside, then I will put them in a sit. Whilst the FEO creeps in and the dogs eyeball them. Has worked so far! 

Dog external lighting ‘layers’ of doors hidden cabinet all go in to the equation.