I've got pigeons but no wind.

JDog

In the last week this part of Lincolnshire has seen some pretty impressive falls of pigeons. One farm has conservatively 3,000 and three others within a few miles have 1,000 each.

Naturally I have watched them every day. There is no feeding pattern and no lines emanating from their resting woods.

It is hugely frustrating that their arrival has coincided with a period of either very light or indeed no wind. Without a strong 20mph wind I will never get to grips with them.

Returning home from watching a huge flock this afternoon I was rounding a bend in the road when a Barn Owl jumped up from the verge with a mouse in its beak. It actually touched the windscreen but thankfully flew off uninjured with mouse.

5 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

They are teasing you. The first sign of any breeze and they will disappear!

As soon as they see my truck in the area on Saturday they will be off ...

1 hour ago, JDog said:

In the last week this part of Lincolnshire has seen some pretty impressive falls of pigeons. One farm has conservatively 3,000 and three others within a few miles have 1,000 each.

Naturally I have watched them every day. There is no feeding pattern and no lines emanating from their resting woods.

It is hugely frustrating that their arrival has coincided with a period of either very light or indeed no wind. Without a strong 20mph wind I will never get to grips with them.

Returning home from watching a huge flock this afternoon I was rounding a bend in the road when a Barn Owl jumped up from the verge with a mouse in its beak. It actually touched the windscreen but thankfully flew off uninjured with mouse.

Mondays 14th conditions look good with a 16 mph SW with strong 38 mph gusts  if it doesn’t change

No wind in Derbyshire this morning, bitterly cold but no snow. Nothing on the OSR but pigeon and crow feeding on the new shoots in a bottom field. Not sure what crop. Lifted off and gone when I was about 200 yards or more away. 1 pigeon made its last flight over me and I was lucky. 2 tree rats less than when I arrived, shame I only had 30gram with me, bit of a waste.

Will be watching the weather with a view to decoying later in week if i can get a sitter for my wife. I so need the fresh air.