Ford ranger EGR

Daz1986

My Land Rover has the same engine I believe, 2009 vehicle. 
When I had the EGR blanked off I also had the ECU re-programmed so that it didn’t flag up on the dash that the EGR was not working. It was not in limp mode but had gone into limp mode previously then started working again, which was why I did the job. If I bought another I would blank EGR off straight away.

2 hours ago, Daz1986 said:

Did taking it off take light off?? I have just put mine on and hoping she works! I am not bothered to much about lamp I just don’t want any sort of limp mode 

Yes taking it off put the light out ( I'm no mechanic mind, didn't want to do damage for the bit of fuel I thought I would save)

ok lets go back a bit      what caused you to do a carbon clean and then blank egr      before you answer put your finger up the exhaust rub some soot out spit on your finger to wash off  ok       if dont wash off and oily sticky      burning oil       valve stem seals as on the vacuum  side need changing   this can be done without removing the head  with the right tool   i can point you to the tool  if need be  if local can borrow mine          if exhaust soot washes off easily  a diagnostic needed  could be a sensor putting the light on    buy an obd reader on evilbay  for pennies  and plug in yourself  a code will tell you    if no fault codes  stored    you can also clear  minimal  but not serious faults       does the light only come on when caning it then back off   power on    light on     burning oil   valve stem seals      older engines remove battery terminal over night to reset all faults  without plug in at dealers     guts rinsed out      yours may need plugging in dont know change over year           try yourself  a tenner for an obd reader          or  describe how you got to       lets go back a bit     more info needed    some flash the heater glow plug light  in a sequence for a fault code             more info leading up to