Beretta Essential- anybody use one?

Big Al

I remember entering a Shooting Times competition back in the late 80s or early 90s when you had to select your perfect gun. As a confirmed Browning user now, I'm not ashamed to admit that I chose the Beretta Essential for its 3 inch chamber and all round versatility!

I was wondering if there are many of these babies in use? I've never even shot one but I've a sentimental longing to have a blatter with one.

Yes. I have a 28inch 12 guage which I use for 'teaching' right handers (my guns are lefties).

It's been serviced up to a good state but shows its age - its a field gun which has spent plenty of time in the field.

By all means try one but the barrels are light - they lack the mid rib of the better 686s. I would prefer 30 inch but the 28 inch set is great for newbies.

47 minutes ago, Adrian Foster said:

Yes. I have a 28inch 12 guage which I use for 'teaching' right handers (my guns are lefties).

It's been serviced up to a good state but shows its age - its a field gun which has spent plenty of time in the field.

By all means try one but the barrels are light - they lack the mid rib of the better 686s. I would prefer 30 inch but the 28 inch set is great for newbies.

Thanks for the information.