Router sled !

boo

Just had a go a knocking up a sled for some spalted beech slices , finish tomorrow, got to make a base plate for the router to sit on , bit rough & ready , made from an old wardrobe sweet going the tip tomorrow so nothing lost , the pine I ripped up & planed up this afternoon from the same sweet , only a prototype, but always fancied one to flatten rough timber..

20201209_190024.jpg

On 12/12/2020 at 14:35, boo said:

First piece milled , about inch thick , needs fully drying, just wanted a test piece, thinking of cutting a circle out and making a clock eventually...

20201212_140543.jpg

20201212_140553.jpg

Don't cut a circle, just fit a clock mechanism behind using the natural centre point and slim black hands, it would look prenominal!

8 hours ago, boo said:

Done  another 3 today , plus a board nearly 5ft in length, coffee table in the near future! Working on a big piece of alder burl , no idea what its going to show pattern wise ...

20201214_132446.jpg

Rub some water on it , will give you a bit of an idea what it will look like . A bit of burl of my log pile. 

83152471713775234130.0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily on two points , a good friend of mine is into medieval re enactments, hes a bow man ! Likes his long bows, got baskets of arrows in his office! Secondly bloke down the roads just bought an Alaskan mill ! I know its possible to have it properly milled & not to much expense, will see...