Gun safe keys & cartridges

ReddZed

On 10/12/2020 at 11:43, ReddZed said:

got my gun safe installed in an out of the way cupboard, into a stone wall and floor joists. What do you all do to keep your keys secure? Someone at the club suggested a small key safe (see image) which I've got...but I'm struggling with where to put that. It's wall mountable, but just looks so ugly...would it need to be mounted, or would keeping the key safe locked but unattached to a wall, sitting on my desk? 

by the way pushing my own video here but these boxes apart from being vulnerable to a lump hammer can also be decoded in a few minutes - see below 

When I had my renewal in January with West Mercia, the FEO started that WM Police do not accept “due diligence” of simply hiding the keys, he wanted a key safe, which I subsequently installed.

He went on to say that guns are generally worth more to burglars than the average haul in most houses, so if they find a cabinet they will ransack the house to find the keys. 

A few weeks later one of the houses on my estate go burgled, in broad daylight, and they got away with a safe (the size of an average fridge) which contained 40k worth of gold and ignored the shotgun cabinet.

2 hours ago, quentyn said:

by the way pushing my own video here but these boxes apart from being vulnerable to a lump hammer can also be decoded in a few minutes - see below 

That is as maybe, BUT your average 'Bill the Burglar' does not have the time or even the intelligence to work that one out. My house alarm is based around all ground floor windows being fitted with shock detectors, especially at the sides and rear of the property. These devices are fitted with a flashing red l.e.d. which,  is, in itself a deterrent. The theory being that if the alarm is activated, the offender is not hanging around to find out who is going to respond. The reality is, the Burglar is still OUTSIDE the property and the property is still secure. My cabinet keys are fitted in a small key safe, concealed in a 'certain' room in the property, where they would take some finding, especially IF access has been gained and a rather loud siren is bursting your eardrums. By now, if the property is vacant, one or more of mine,  or my Families mobiles,  will have alerted them to the alarm activation. This alarm system which will soon include outside C.C.T.V. to my mobile phone, is still far LESS than a 2 week cruise for 2 people  !

Just get the key safe, fill it full of epoxy and mount it solidly in a semi obvious location. Burglars will think it’s the holder of the safe key and spend time trying to get into it only to find it’s a decoy. 

Or put hundreds on a wall and play lucky guess 🤣.

Seriously, does any police force think it’s a good idea advertising where something could be ‘hidden’?