New restrictions on weapons

strimmer_13

Just seen the gov is handing out compensation for mostly illegal items. Only thing I've noticed is it could get completely raped, they are offering a fixed (from what I make out) £160 for a scope. I've a £15 4x20, guess I'll have to hand it in. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nsation-scheme

£5k for a 308 lever action 

Screenshot_20201210_171108_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201210_171115_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201210_171217_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201210_171221_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201210_171226_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201210_171230_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Edited by strimmer_13

Could be a nice earner flipping cheap mags 😂 Seriously though why should anyone hand in a scope? Nothing wrong in a legal sense with having a lot of that stuff. You get decent money for an optic but a few quid for a punching dagger? Seems the wrong way round thinking about apparent harm reduction. Pocket change going to convince gang members to hand in their stash of zombie knives? 🙄

4 minutes ago, Remimax said:

how times have changed , we were offered £50 per rifle comp when the CF semi auto ban was enforced as i recall.

i got what i paid for...for my S&W's.........and a good price for a wheelbarrow full of 38 and 357 cases.........he looked at me and said "have you counted them"........i just gave him a blank stare back and said nothing............then he asked how many there were............got a cracking price on my speed holster aswell....and and nothing for my other holsters..

Just now, ditchman said:

i got what i paid for...for my S&W's.........and a good price for a wheelbarrow full of 38 and 357 cases.........he looked at me and said "have you counted them"........i just gave him a blank stare back and said nothing............then he asked how many there were............got a cracking price on my speed holster aswell....and and nothing for my other holsters..

yes i got my money back and some  on the pistol ban but lost a lot of money on the semiauto rifle ban as i had a decent collection..

To be eligible for compensation for surrendered ancillary equipment under this scheme:

• it must be designed or adapted for use in connection with rapid firing rifles being 
prohibited under the Act; and 
• it must not have any practical use in connection with any firearm which is not a 
prohibited weapon; and

Edited by mr smith