Duffle coat ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

I'm thinking of getting one of these just for walking the dogs. Does anyone know how warm they are and where to get a good one.

Thanks all. 

I’ve got a WWII one in navy blue.  I think it’s cool - my wife says I look like Paddington Bear. 

It’s warm and wind proof if worn as a top layer over layers underneath.  Although duffle cloth is heavy, the coat doesn’t “feel” warm, but it traps heat in the layers, so it does its job. 

I have a super lightweight paddock jacket that is much warmer and weights nothing and doesn’t require layering. 

Both coats are great - it depends on the circumstances and it’s good to have choice. 

9 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Sorry mate, my finger was poised on the pay now button before i had a look, please let me know if it arrives though..😉

No apologies necessary, I jumped too quick without checking.I have been caught out once before  with a Barbour jacket. It arrived from China with a mixture of buttons and no liner. If it doesn’t arrive PayPal will reimburse, if it does it might be as advertised.

Just now, Konor said:

No apologies necessary, I jumped too quick without checking.I have been caught out once before  with a Barbour jacket. It arrived from China with a mixture of buttons and no liner. If it doesn’t arrive PayPal will reimburse, if it does it might be as advertised.

The Coat comes from a site called Boreal mountain anoraks. looks really good but the asking price is $329 / The scammers have downloaded all the buyers rights, delivery etc from their sight, the little *****s, i will email the real people and let them know

8 minutes ago, islandgun said:

The Coat comes from a site called Boreal mountain anoraks. looks really good but the asking price is $329 / The scammers have downloaded all the buyers rights, delivery etc from their sight, the little *****s, i will email the real people and let them know

Thanks for the information,I will pass it on to PayPal