Is this the Final, Final, Final Deadline for a Deal

TIGHTCHOKE

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A deal you say, on Christmas Eve you say, REALLY couldn't make it up!

This is a Brexit "Deal" made by the producers of Eastenders!

It’s a good day to bury bad news. By the time people are back in action it will be all over. This deal will not make anyone happy, perhaps Boris’s Christmas gift to unite the nation? 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A deal you say, on Christmas Eve you say, REALLY couldn't make it up!

This is a Brexit "Deal" made by the producers of Eastenders!

Yep, I'll be amazed if we get a good deal out of the EU mob. Don't get me wrong, I'll be over the moon if we do but I just can't see it, I'd feel much happier if no deal was announced, but time will tell I guess. 

5 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

It’s a good day to bury bad news. By the time people are back in action it will be all over. This deal will not make anyone happy, perhaps Boris’s Christmas gift to unite the nation? 

If this ..

https://www.scribd.com/document/489048219/Government-Analysis-of-the-Deal-Document?fbclid=IwAR2qO1mYR2-pNvwzUdyY0szaxPGTGMOsKn5RSnLdiV_muE_bZg7PSJQu2mw#fullscreen&from_embed.https://www.scribd.com/document/489048219/Government-Analysis-of-the-Deal-Document%23fullscreen&from_embed

...Is the deal , Im happy.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Go Donkey go. .

You turning to the dark side Grant ?:lol:

On 13/12/2020 at 16:35, oowee said:

We are living off the fat of the past and the future. We have no plan for education, no strategy for a knowledge based economy. Without long term investment and a strategic plan we will remain the product of short term slogan politics. 

The so called 'red tape' is part of the standards that we put in place to protect our workers, our environment and provide the lifestyle that we currently have. All of these things, together with pensions, welfare state and the NHS will need to be cut to compete on price in an open market economy. 

Of course we have a plan for education, Tony Blair saw to that and now we have thousands of young people stacking shelves because they studied fashion, or make up or nail  trimming. Truly, I know of three in my own small hamlet who are in that catergory, basically unemployable other than menial jobs. How must those young folks feel?

I'm sure you will all be buying your French wine, brie,etc etc.,  I have not knowingly/willing purchased anything French since they burned our lamb lorries back in the 70s as they arrived at the docks. Mardy, miserable ungrateful people who in my world do not exist.  The antics of that little dwarf Macron is a very good example. Check the labels, I do.

49 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I dont care what side gets it as long as we have free trade 🤣 🤣🤣

Now just have to hope there is something in the package for reciprocal vat, and long long stay visa exemptions for brits ( 90 days is not enough). Looks like it will be a good Christmas after all. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I dont care what side gets it as long as we have free trade 🤣 🤣🤣

Now just have to hope there is something in the package for reciprocal vat, and long long stay visa exemptions for brits ( 90 days is not enough). Looks like it will be a good Christmas after all. 

Got there in the end I reckon :good:

39 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I'm sure you will all be buying your French wine, brie,etc etc.,  I have not knowingly/willing purchased anything French since they burned our lamb lorries back in the 70s as they arrived at the docks. Mardy, miserable ungrateful people who in my world do not exist.  The antics of that little dwarf Macron is a very good example. Check the labels, I do.

Arrogant, you forgot arrogant Nev.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Doesn't it show that if we'd rolled over like Theresa May wanted to do in the beginning, we'd be tied to an awful deal, little different to being in the EU, if Farage had led negotiations in the beginning we'd have an even better deal. 

I'm looking forwards to seeing what it all means, I still feel sceptical, due to being lied to for 4 years, but fingers crossed we have a half decent deal.