Is this the Final, Final, Final Deadline for a Deal

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Now the UK has broken free from the Euro Zone maybe it’s time Scotland & Wales go for independence ??? 

I'm pro-union, but if they want to go, it's probably time. As ever, Northern Ireland will be a headache. If there is no union, will that take the wind out the sails of the unionists in Northern Ireland? Merry Christmas!

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The PM has not got the balls to give  Scotland another vote 

The next indi vote should be in two parts,

One in Scotland and one across the rest of the UK.

If the Scotish vote to leave, the second has no bearing.

But if they vote to stay, the second, across the rest of the UK comes into play.

I'd then say the SNP haven't got the balls to keep asking.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 minutes ago, Aled said:

Well there we go then 52% of the population got their wish, i really hope this turns out OK. Right then then pass me the popcorn the Scotland Independence vote is up next.... 

Cheers

Aled

The Scots had their vote, it was a once in a generation referendum if I remember correctly. 

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The Scots had their vote, it was a once in a generation referendum if I remember correctly. 

Lets be honest here: as you know political parties who hold some power over other parties can get their referendum, and can win back in 2014 things were different. ....just found some popcorn and a G&T. 

Cheers

Aled

1 minute ago, Aled said:

Lets be honest here: as you know political parties who hold some power over other parties can get their referendum, and can win back in 2014 things were different. ....just found some popcorn and a G&T. 

Cheers

Aled

Yes true and if the Scots genuinely want independence good luck to them, I believe in democracy. But at the same time the Scots must not be railroaded by a leader who is hell bent on getting what they want. I don't believe for one second NS is that worried about being in the EU and has simply hijacked it to get her own way. As for Wales, I don't think the appetite is their for independence, bar a very small minority. 

2 hours ago, Houseplant said:

I'm pro-union, but if they want to go, it's probably time. As ever, Northern Ireland will be a headache. If there is no union, will that take the wind out the sails of the unionists in Northern Ireland? Merry Christmas!

Why would you want to take the wind out of the sails of Ulster Unionists, good to know that you see fellow UK citizens as a headache. They were not a headache when they fought in two world wars and other conflicts as part of the UK. 

Winston Churchill’s Victory broadcast of 13 May 1945, in which he claimed that but for Northern Ireland’s “loyalty and friendship” the British people “should have been confronted with slavery or death.

3 hours ago, ordnance said:

Why would you want to take the wind out of the sails of Ulster Unionists, good to know that you see fellow UK citizens as a headache. They were not a headache when they fought in two world wars and other conflicts as part of the UK. 

I don't. As I said, I'm pro-union, but it's falling apart isn't it? 

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

/\  This.  The SNP themselves called it a 'once in a generation' thing.  In any referendum (or vote) - it is not proper democracy to keep rerunning it until you get the result you wanted.   Most have a specified period - 'generation', fixed term, etc. during which they should not be repeated.

The Scottish was very clear - generation.

Being quite a simple fellow regarding politics, my thinking about scottish independence is that having done it they would then apply to re-join the EU. I can't imagine anyone wanting two protocols for goods to leave the EU in say Calais but re-enter at the Scottish border and vica versa.

22 hours ago, Mungler said:

The Jocks should be forced to take the Euro currency now. 

The electric car industry is about to chew a hole in the oil market and any Jocks with sense will want to keep the glue in place between Scotland and England.

I hear the Welsh want out now - that’s genuinely hilarious. 

there's also been rumblings from Yorkshire !

23 hours ago, blackbird said:

Now the UK has broken free from the Euro Zone maybe it’s time Scotland & Wales go for independence now we have a taste for change

Yes I think it is time Scotland had another chance to go on a 'Hard Independence' basis

i.e.

-They take there share of the National Debt

-They are not allowed to use the pound,  or the Bank  of England financial facilities

-They have 1 year to set up and fund their own Health Service, Network Rail, Taxation, banking  system etc.

-Military bases will be removed

-I am sure there are many more

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont forget "the norfolk liberation front ".....

if anyone deserves independance we in Norfolk do, after all most would be pleased to dis-associate - we have Cromer crab, plenty of turkeys (except the ones we had to cull due to foreign avian flu) and most of the country's sugar supply, happy chrimbo everyone, nothing seems too serious at this time on Christmas day when the yardarm was particularly low.