Is this the Final, Final, Final Deadline for a Deal

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

if Farage had led negotiations in the beginning we'd have an even better deal. 

Yes, but if Boris had led the negotiations from the start, without allowing May to do the damage she did we’d probably have a better deal. I’ll never trust Gove again, even though he is one of the more competent ministers.

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Well done Boris ...

Won a huge majority, got the withdrawal agreement, and now a deal.

People from all sides will knock him .... but he’s got us out, and done what he was voted in for.

Yes well  said he has got brexit done, only got 70,000 deaths to his record the guys doing well, NOT 

Edited by blackbird

13 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Will be interesting to see the details...if we no longer have to follow EU state aid rules (like the french don’t) then potentially a massive opportunity for British manufacturing. 

some detail here...https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948093/TCA_SUMMARY_PDF.pdf

From that article;

This Agreement with the European Union is designed to honour the instruction of the
British people – expressed in the referendum of 2016 and the general election last
year – to take back control of our laws, borders, money, trade and fisheries. It
changes the basis of our relationship with our European neighbours from EU law to
free trade and friendly cooperation.
And this ambitious Agreement – carefully judged to benefit everyone – is the first the
EU has ever reached allowing zero tariffs and zero quotas. We will preserve the
immense benefits of free trade for millions of people in the United Kingdom and
across Europe.
At the same time, our Agreement means that the UK will fully recover its national
independence. At 11pm on 31 December, we will take back control of our trade
policy and leave the EU customs union and single market. We will take back control
of our waters, with this treaty affirming British sovereignty over our vast marine
wealth. We will take back control of our money by ending vast payments to the EU.
We will take back control of our borders and will introduce our new points-based
immigration system at the start of next year. Most importantly, the agreement
provides for the UK to take back control of our laws, affording no role for EU law and
no jurisdiction for the European Court of Justice. The only laws we will have to obey
are the ones made by the Parliament we elect.
While we made our fair share of compromises during the negotiations, we never
wavered from the goal of restoring national sovereignty - the central purpose of
leaving the EU. I have always said that Brexit was not an end but a beginning: the
start of a new era of national change and renewal, the next act in the great drama of
our country’s story. We will regain the ability to wield powers that have for too long
been the sole preserve of Brussels. We will now take up these tools to deliver the
changes that people yearn for and, in so doing, we will restore faith in our
democracy. 

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

From that article;

This Agreement with the European Union is designed to honour the instruction of the
British people – expressed in the referendum of 2016 and the general election last
year – to take back control of our laws, borders, money, trade and fisheries. It
changes the basis of our relationship with our European neighbours from EU law to
free trade and friendly cooperation.
And this ambitious Agreement – carefully judged to benefit everyone – is the first the
EU has ever reached allowing zero tariffs and zero quotas. We will preserve the
immense benefits of free trade for millions of people in the United Kingdom and
across Europe.
At the same time, our Agreement means that the UK will fully recover its national
independence. At 11pm on 31 December, we will take back control of our trade
policy and leave the EU customs union and single market. We will take back control
of our waters, with this treaty affirming British sovereignty over our vast marine
wealth. We will take back control of our money by ending vast payments to the EU.
We will take back control of our borders and will introduce our new points-based
immigration system at the start of next year. Most importantly, the agreement
provides for the UK to take back control of our laws, affording no role for EU law and
no jurisdiction for the European Court of Justice. The only laws we will have to obey
are the ones made by the Parliament we elect.
While we made our fair share of compromises during the negotiations, we never
wavered from the goal of restoring national sovereignty - the central purpose of
leaving the EU. I have always said that Brexit was not an end but a beginning: the
start of a new era of national change and renewal, the next act in the great drama of
our country’s story. We will regain the ability to wield powers that have for too long
been the sole preserve of Brussels. We will now take up these tools to deliver the
changes that people yearn for and, in so doing, we will restore faith in our
democracy. 

Nice words, we'll see! 

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes well  said he has got brexit done, only got 70,000 deaths to his record the guys doing well, NOT 

Ah well you are clearly more intelligent than most and know something we don't: Perhaps he went over to Wuhan to bring it here for us.... along with all the other countries governments. :ermm:

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the buck stops at the TOP boso is driving the covid train wreck not the coal stoaker 

No matter what anyone does people are going to die, its a virus and doesn't discriminate, what could anyone have done better? 

You could completely lock the country down and watch people starve to death as society riots and falls. 

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Would you really rather Corbyn or May were driving?

i seen them all in power over the years and they are all the same lie to get in rob the till make a mess leave it for the next lot to clean up if it ever changes i will start voting not had to yet don’t expect to unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i seen them all in power over the years and they are all the same lie to get in rob the till make a mess leave it for the next lot to clean up if it ever changes i will start voting not had to yet don’t expect to unfortunately 

I don't see how you have the right to biatch about it then to be honest.

32 minutes ago, clangerman said:

And I’ve seen plenty who sit on their *ss and criticise without making a positive contribution.