Trade gun adverts

Old Boggy

I have just been looking through some Guntrader adverts for 16 bore shotguns (like you do !) and noticed an advert which has the gun down as a box lock ejector, a box lock non ejector and a sidelock all in the same advert. It is clearly a box lock not sidelock. Furthermore, it has the condition down as ‘scrap’ but obviously still in proof to be sold legally. I do wonder if these dealers ever read their own adverts. This is by a respectable and reputable dealer. I was thinking that the condition was a typo and shouldn’t have had the ‘S’ at the beginning.

Rant over and I really should get a life.😂

Edited by Old Boggy

17 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I have just been looking through some Guntrader adverts for 16 bore shotguns (like you do !) and noticed an advert which has the gun down as a box lock ejector, a box lock non ejector and a sidelock all in the same advert. It is clearly a box lock not sidelock. Furthermore, it has the condition down as ‘scrap’ but obviously still in proof to be sold legally. I do wonder if these dealers ever read their own adverts. This is by a respectable and reputable dealer. I was thinking that the condition was a typo and shouldn’t have had the ‘S’ at the beginning.

Me to. 

It's not till your looking for a particular gun. Then you see pictures of a double trigger and they say single trigger ejector. Unsure you phone for details and they have to go and look only to be told its been sold. 😔

I browse Guntrader and gun sales in here quite often, as I’m often asked if I know of anyone selling this or that, and find it frustrating when pictures are out of focus, or the seller doesn’t reply to an enquiry. 
The most recent example was a 20 bore Browning which when I was sent a photograph via email turned out to be a Beretta! 😀

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

1. Are you really looking at a picture of what you would be buying?

2. It got your attention!

I note that, following my email to the trader, that the advert

On 12/12/2020 at 08:25, Old Boggy said:

I note that, following my email to the trader, the advert has now been corrected just to read as a BLNE and also the condition has been changed from `Scrap` to `Used`. Methinks that the word `Scrap` was perhaps an internal note to a member of staff who put the advert in.

At least they read their emails even if they don`t check their adverts initially.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy