Jeep Renegade

Old Boggy

I currently run two cars, a newish one (for best and long runs) and a 20 year old little 4x4 three door RAV4 for shooting and am contemplating just getting one car for both purposes.

Been looking tentatively at a Jeep Renegade and was wondering if anyone on here either runs one or has any knowledge of them. I was in correspondence with a PW member some time ago but forgot who it was. It wouldn’t be a new one, perhaps a 3 year old diesel 4x4.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or information offered.

OB

It was me, check your in box. :good:

Just to follow up on the PM’s, I have now had the Jeep for four years and its not let me down yet, the 4x4 drive system seem solid enough although I did get stuck in a muddy grass field when I first had it, but that was down to summer tyres that came with the jeep.

If there's anything else, just ask.

Edited by old'un

17 minutes ago, old'un said:

It was me, check your in box. :good:

Just to follow up on the PM’s, I have now had the Jeep for four years and its not let me down yet, the 4x4 drive system seem solid enough although I did get stuck in a muddy grass field when I first had it, but that was down to summer tyres that came with the jeep.

If there's anything else, just ask.

Many thanks for reminding me of your very detailed and informative previous reply.

Your last paragraph above, just edited, also answers my question on my PM, so thanks again.:good::thanks:

OB

15 minutes ago, old'un said:

I think that would apply to most modern 4x4 and especially if you use main dealers for any work.

A pigeon broke the headlamp glass on my Grand Cherokee (I know, tough eh?) and they don't do the glass, just the whole unit that was £540 plus vat, plus fitting. Servicing was £600 a year.

My Hilux service is £250 at a main dealer.

I'm not knocking Jeeps at all. I've had a few and loved them, just something to be aware of.

5 hours ago, old'un said:

..... I have now had the Jeep for four years and its not let me down yet, the 4x4 drive system seem solid enough although I did get stuck in a muddy grass field when I first had it, but that was down to summer tyres that came with the jeep.

The Renegade design seems to be more Fiat than Jeep, being a sort of grown-up version of the  Panda 4x4 (which has itself been pretty capable, considering that it is nothing more than a small hatchback wth raised suspension and 4wd).  

Oddly enough, the Panda 4x4 is normally supplied with winter tyres as standard. 

23 hours ago, McSpredder said:

The Renegade design seems to be more Fiat than Jeep, being a sort of grown-up version of the  Panda 4x4 (which has itself been pretty capable, considering that it is nothing more than a small hatchback wth raised suspension and 4wd).  

Oddly enough, the Panda 4x4 is normally supplied with winter tyres as standard. 

The Renegade is built in Italy by Fiat, and yes it's a rebodied Panda 4x4.