Still some honest people about.

samboy

Hi gang.

Dropped my wallet in the cafe today with £300 and cards in it. Got home before i realized it was gone.

The cafe owner found it on the floor and immediately rang me. So a bottle of booze and chocolates for the 

pair of them will be delivered to them on Monday.

12 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Dropped my wallet in the cafe today with £300 and cards in it. Got home before i realized it was gone.

The cafe owner found it on the floor and immediately rang me. So a bottle of booze and chocolates for the 

pair of them will be delivered to them on Monday.

Makes a nice change, happy days. 

A few years ago, I left home to drive to my work early one Saturday bout 6 am as I was early shift.

At my road end I saw a small brown package on the road and I slowed down and opened my door and picked it up. 

I got to work, booked on and checked the address on the package and as I knew where the address was,drove out with the intention of delivering it.

The address was an Industrial Unit which did not appear to be used. I looked in the package and discovered it was a brand new very expensive ladies Rolex watch. Seems it had a couple of links removed to fit the new lady owner and was being returned.

I was a cop working in that area and I can only assume the package had fallen from a delivery vehicle.

I decided to check direct enquiries and called the same distinct name on the address label and asked if a Mr So and So at that number had any connection to the address of the Industrial unit on the label.

The lady told me it was her husbands unit. I got the home address over the phone and delivered the box to the home address.

About an hour later I got a call from the husband shouting,******* and blinding and blaming me for ruining his marriage as I had exposed his affair to his wife!

And I thought I was doing a good turn.

1 hour ago, bobthedug said:

A few years ago, I left home to drive to my work early one Saturday bout 6 am as I was early shift.

At my road end I saw a small brown package on the road and I slowed down and opened my door and picked it up. 

I got to work, booked on and checked the address on the package and as I knew where the address was,drove out with the intention of delivering it.

The address was an Industrial Unit which did not appear to be used. I looked in the package and discovered it was a brand new very expensive ladies Rolex watch. Seems it had a couple of links removed to fit the new lady owner and was being returned.

I was a cop working in that area and I can only assume the package had fallen from a delivery vehicle.

I decided to check direct enquiries and called the same distinct name on the address label and asked if a Mr So and So at that number had any connection to the address of the Industrial unit on the label.

The lady told me it was her husbands unit. I got the home address over the phone and delivered the box to the home address.

About an hour later I got a call from the husband shouting,******* and blinding and blaming me for ruining his marriage as I had exposed his affair to his wife!

And I thought I was doing a good turn.

😅😅😅😅😅

Found a wallet on the floor of a Little Chef toilet many years whilst doing a splash and dash! It was a local lunch haunt, and the guys that worked there were all good local lads and lasses. £250 in cash in it and a fistful of high end credit cards. I handed it to the Rob the manager, in view of the other staff.  A few days later, I was back in there. He thanked me again, and went on to say, they contacted the guy via bank etc..told them it was a local chap that handed it in...me. He came in and collected it and walked out without a word of thanks!! Classic manners!