Who has seen the film Prometheus?

fatchap

Finally got round to watching this movie and it wasn't what I expected, supposedly a prequel to Alien. Apart from the bit at the end it really didn't have much to do with the Alien film.

Where did the eggs come from in the first film? they were not in the ship that crashed, Where did the face huggers originate from if there was no eggs? In the beginning of Prometheus the planet is named as LV423 but in Alien its called LV426.

In Alien on board the ship you see one of the Aliens in the pilot chair with a hole in its chest which is obviously where an Alien burst out of. But that particular Alien in Prometheus leaves the ship after it crashes and attacks the scientist. gets attacked by the big Octopus alien. You then at the end see a Alien that we all know burst out of his chest, well it looked similar but was fully grown.

I don't think it was a prequel to Alien in shape or form. In fact if I'm honest it wasn't a great film at all.

Too many questions and too many"aliens".

The alien in alien is usually referred to as a xenomorph (greek- {Xeno}stranger, {morph} body/shape??) The humanoids were referred to as "engineers".

Xenomorph eggs were in the hold below the flight deck in Alien and when wassis face was lowered into the hold he got a face hugger. Anything else just Google alien/xenomorph forums and I am sure you will get some answers there

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Finally got round to watching this movie and it wasn't what I expected, supposedly a prequel to Alien. Apart from the bit at the end it really didn't have much to do with the Alien film.

Where did the eggs come from in the first film? they were not in the ship that crashed, Where did the face huggers originate from if there was no eggs? In the beginning of Prometheus the planet is named as LV423 but in Alien its called LV426.

In Alien on board the ship you see one of the Aliens in the pilot chair with a hole in its chest which is obviously where an Alien burst out of. But that particular Alien in Prometheus leaves the ship after it crashes and attacks the scientist. gets attacked by the big Octopus alien. You then at the end see a Alien that we all know burst out of his chest, well it looked similar but was fully grown.

I don't think it was a prequel to Alien in shape or form. In fact if I'm honest it wasn't a great film at all.

Alien covenent helps link it all in a bit but it's very disjointed and seems to have gone on a tangent. 

I liked it. It wasn’t supposed to be a straight prequel but a spiritual prequel. With a little thought, one can see the progression and the circularity in the story arc.

At least it required effort to understand unlike a lot of modern films that are like being shouted at by a half wit for 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, fatchap said:

So watched Alien Covenant as suggested in the hope that it would all make sense, where the aliens and facehuggers originated from and having watched it all the way through The conclusion I have reached is, Its all a robot called Dave's fault.

Yep that's what it's looking like, although it's been received badly by the fans (not surprising really) so I could see them changing it all again anyway, in my opinion it's too much about the aliens rather than the engineers without enough explanation. 

On 25/12/2020 at 10:39, 12gauge82 said:

Yep that's what it's looking like, although it's been received badly by the fans (not surprising really) so I could see them changing it all again anyway, in my opinion it's too much about the aliens rather than the engineers without enough explanation. 

I have heard that the 2nd prequel (after Prometheus) is going ahead