Eley Eco Steel??

I have only used Eley Eco Steel on crows, but no perceptible lack of performance; even on the longer (by my standards) shots.

I plan to use up the last of my lead and stick to these, Just Cartridges delivered mine no probs.

Will have to try the Grand Prix 21/2" in my old S/S Hammer, if they are safe in Damascus barrels?? Anybody know the answer??

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

I have only used Eley Eco Steel on crows, but no perceptible lack of performance; even on the longer (by my standards) shots.

I plan to use up the last of my lead and stick to these, Just Cartridges delivered mine no probs.

Will have to try the Grand Prix 21/2" in my old S/S Hammer, if they are safe in Damascus barrels?? Anybody know the answer??

I’ve been researching them regarding my original post I’m not too sure Regards Damascus barrels You could email Eley for more information 

21 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

I’ve been researching them regarding my original post I’m not too sure Regards Damascus barrels You could email Eley for more information 

There is a very interesting article in sporting shooter,they are interviewing a shooter from Denmark who shoots nothing but steel including through Damascus barreled guns.

May be of interest to you.

40 minutes ago, greylag said:

There is a very interesting article in sporting shooter,they are interviewing a shooter from Denmark who shoots nothing but steel including through Damascus barreled guns.

May be of interest to you.

Cheers greylag il have to check it out 👍

7 hours ago, London Best said:

Pressure wise they should be OK in Damascus providing the barrel is nitro proofed. I would not like to comment on the steel shot suitability.

The shotgun is 2 3/4" and was recently sent in for re-proof. Currently I only put 1oz lead through it. I would still be nervous though, can imagine weeping into my pillow if something happened to my cherished Hammergun.

On 26/12/2020 at 22:16, The Mighty Prawn said:

Did you try Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove, failing that I got some from the gun shop at Becketts Farm by Wythall - first time in the shop though and not sure I’d go back, felt like a preppers bunker! 

Hi. Shooting supplies in Bromsgrove don't have them. I was told that they haven't been able to get anything in steel for months and would be unlikely to get anything soon. The gunshop at Becketts had some 5's. I dropped a pheasant no problems with one but that is hardly conclusive. I came across some 3's at TFM (the old Countrywide place) near Bromsgrove the other day as well after buying the 5's. Eley didn't mention that place so I assume they came from central TFM stock. I now have both sizes so will have to do a comparison (if I get chance).