Pip - treating infected bramble scratches

Agriv8

So pip worked again yesterday. She worked until exhaustion set in. Even picking a wounded pheasant on the pond. 

cleaned and checked last night she was scratched with the brambles but some have become infected.

so looking for help from you experienced dog owners for advice.

ears are also very sore so looking to treat when she lets me near them !

8AFD615D-081C-4C16-8A5D-19CC3188BC52.jpeg

Close up :-

8300E4AD-8097-4CBF-9F97-F2E3B7BB2DCB.jpeg

In my experience if there is puss showing it means there is dirt under the skin/in the wound. Use a swab [cotton wool or similar, not tissue it breaks up] with saline solution followed by a suitable antiseptic cream. Must admit, it looks like she has very sensitive skin in those ears 🤔

The photos above is her groin area.

her ears are very sensitive today but have been treated with clean aural sensitive Which seems to have soothed the ears.

I have free Vidio online vets constantly which I will use if things are stil causing me concerns 

but thanks for all your info as I suspect I will be dealing with this regularly as she not scared of getting stuck into and under the brambles after game.

regards Agriv8 

29 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

The photos above is her groin area.

her ears are very sensitive today but have been treated with clean aural sensitive Which seems to have soothed the ears.

I have free Vidio online vets constantly which I will use if things are stil causing me concerns 

but thanks for all your info as I suspect I will be dealing with this regularly as she not scared of getting stuck into and under the brambles after game.

regards Agriv8 

DOH!!! Sorry for not looking at the pictures properly [ears/groin 🙈] you mentioned ears,,,, through my bleary Sunday morning eyes I thought they were close up pictures 🙄 Still looks very sensitive skin,,,, maybe Pip has a skin condition ?

+1 for Hibiscrub.

As a quick clean before heading for home. Soak a pack of baby wipes in hibiscrub, diluted half and half with cool boiled water and keep in a plastic box in the vehicle. Great for a quick clean of any scratches and sores before they have chance to fester. Good for you to. Also work well if you have a dog prone to some types of ichy skin spots.

Thanks all. Had a free online consultation with first vets via dog insurance  as I was a little concerned at her temperature at a couple of points today a couple of the sores started looking quite angry!

as you clever lot have rightly diagnosed hibiscrub ( ordered through Amazon prime yesterday) diluted 1 to 10 general worked around sores twice a day.  if redness extends further than immediate area any sudden change in temperament or pip goes off food / becomes lethargic seek further appointment/ consult my vet as a mater of urgency.

In future to try and minimise infection taking hold wash with hibiscrub or Chlorexyderm 4% at end of working day. Apply hibiscrub on any sores that are red the day after !

regards Agriv8