Car sales !!

rec-baller

11 hours ago, figgy said:

Nath it's been a bumper year for car sales, soon as first lockdown eased, garages couldn't keep up with stock.  They made more money than ever, it's now slowed down as expected to as it's the slowest period of the year.

Don't forget come January, your new car less than a month old appears a year older. 

My t6 is currently up for sale but the new ones from mid December have now encountered a 10% import fee now . I won’t be changing it anytime soon I think now . 
The dealer by my workshop is shifting up to 120 cars a month 😮. I couldn’t believe it

Got as nearly as good a price for my wife's car as we would have selling privately from a garage my dad bought a car from, but with no hassle. Went with my parents to drive them home and to see the new to them car when they dropped off my dad's Volvo XC40 part ex. While there I asked a price for my wife's car and was pleasantly surprised. They said they were struggling for stock and travelling all over the UK to buy decent cars.

Wife wanted another car and we thought with lockdown they'll be begging for sales, quite the opposite.

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Got as nearly as good a price for my wife's car as we would have selling privately from a garage my dad bought a car from, but with no hassle. Went with my parents to drive them home and to see the new to them car when they dropped off my dad's Volvo XC40 part ex. While there I asked a price for my wife's car and was pleasantly surprised. They said they were struggling for stock and travelling all over the UK to buy decent cars.

Wife wanted another car and we thought with lockdown they'll be begging for sales, quite the opposite.

It definitely seems different to the financial crisis of 2008. Then they struggled to give cars away. I bought a new Discovery and X-trail and got such a good price that two years later I sold them both for more than I paid new. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Where was that from? I want to sell my Focus and get something 4x4, although have been saying that for the last 2 years. I am indecisive and keep changing mind about what 4x4 to get.