Older low milage car

Lloyd90

My terios has sat still for 5 months and now it’s in the garage being repaired as the callipers have seized. 
my van wasn’t driven in 6 months when I snapped my leg and was fine . 
ive often asked this same question to mates about the mileage vs age . 
its 7 years old not 20 so I’d go for it 👍if it could still of been used weekly for shopping 

Love my xtrail but it’s an older model (54 plate) than the one you’re considering. Bought when 4 years old with 40k on the clock and been driving it ever since. No reliability issues, 2 largish bills in 12 years (new fuel pump, clutch) which I guess is to be expected with a car that is now on 140k.

Plenty of space in the boot for dog and shooting kit and not so new that you feel precious about it when you take it off road. If your car has a full service history and is the right price I would say go for it. 

1 minute ago, MrPhantom said:

Love my xtrail but it’s an older model (54 plate) than the one you’re considering. Bought when 4 years old with 40k on the clock and been driving it ever since. No reliability issues, 2 largish bills in 12 years (new fuel pump, clutch) which I guess is to be expected with a car that is now on 140k.

Plenty of space in the boot for dog and shooting kit and not so new that you feel precious about it when you take it off road. If your car has a full service history and is the right price I would say go for it. 

Actually scrub the service history bit as it’s only done 7k!

6 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

what does that one mean ive heard of driving like its stolen ,but you have to on my disco to keep the soot from biulding up

i once stabbed a rat with a bit of metal on the end of a stick ....and it chased me round the faryard until it run out of blood and stopped and i hit it with a fence post and killed it