Kofs

Walker570

My other half has a 12 bore and my mother has a 20. Neither have had any issues, they both shoot where you point them. The finish within the action is a little rough. They are very light compared to my Browning. Not left handed are you? My other half wants to get rid of hers only had about 100 carts through it.

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good evening Nev, a Mate has one, would you like a look at it?

Thanks Dave, I was looking at getting one as a second gun. My old Yidlitz has just started to light strike after five seasons and needs to go in for a check up. Thought I might buy a second as a back up.  I have been very pleased with the Yilditz, lovely little gun, never missed a beat until this week and great value at £600, I suppose that works out at about £4 a day shooting wise, even if I scrapped it.  I haven't picked up a KOFS as yet , thought I would ask of the 'learned' on here.  If I manage to get the Yilditz up and running again the KOFS would always be there as a back up.

I bought a ‘used but nearly new’ Kofs 28 bore last year and found the trigger pulls awfully heavy as did a colleague who actually could not pull the trigger till the clay ( we were trying it out on a clay ground) was out of sight!.

I pulled it apart and I’ve never seen such a simple release sear, seemingly made from a circular piece of semi hard steel with a hole drilled in the middle and two holes half drilled through the rim, one of which had the intercepter sear and the otherhalf hole ( I’ve forgotten what was in that ‘cause it was over a year ago and I is really old) So, got out the minuiture round files, half an hour on the sears then dry fired it and seemed ok. Took it pigeon shooting to check on double discharge over a good seventy five first barrel shots and still all o.k. Now I’ve no intention of ever selling this gun so no one will have a ‘dodgy gun’

The main reason for this report is, I have just bought a brand new ‘Carma’ .410 over and under for £230 from York guns who are selling off loads of stock. This gun performs without any faults whatsoever although it is fixed choke ( and patterns very open for a .410) and non ejector and I am now waiting for some clever bloke to build/make/sell a moderator to fit over two barrels ( I had a mossberg pump in .410 for a while but it was hard work with 3 inch subsonics so I punted it on)

I've also recently purchased a 28b & find the trigger pulls very heavy. to the point that when I return to using my normal gun, I've started to discharge the 1st shot as I try to apply the trigger pull earlier as I wood with the Kofs.

Local gunsmith tells me he can reduce the pull for £25.

Really like shooting with the 28b & am tempted to see if I can find a 687 to match the 12b & 20b I already have.

If anyone has one I'm interested - Also a 410.

Steve